Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day 13

Okay, guys. The Master Cleanse is down for the count. I am on day 13, only one more to go, but I had a bit of a health scare yesterday and have decided that enough is enough. I didn't lose as much weight as some people or even as much as I had hoped, but I did stick with it (for the most part) as long as I could, and I am proud of myself. Yesterday I passed out in my office and I happened to be alone, so no one found me for about 20-25 minutes. I got some IV fluids, they ran a bunch of tests, and suggested that I stay at home today until I felt (as they put it) "more stable." I really don't think it had much to do with the cleanse since I hadn't done anything different yesterday than any other day, but I'm just hoping that there isn't something really wrong with my body. I have never really hd any health problems (other than clumsiness which seems to be the curse of tall women everywhere), so I have often found myself waiting for the other shoe to drop. And I have never passed out like that before (for such a long period of time), so my mind is on overdrive trying to figure out what could be wrong. And for the comedians out there, the answer to your question is a beautiful, wonderful NO!!!! A pregnancy test was one of the first things they did, so now that we've gotten that out of the way :) Breathe, stretch, shake, honey... your friends were wrong, I am NOT trying to trap you into marrying me. Yall have a good one...

Morning weight: 201.2 (-7.6 pounds)

6 comments:

Jameil said...

oh hell no. that's crazy! glad you're off the cleanse though. it was quite scary. whose friends were telling them you were trying to trick them??? men are so melodramatic.

GreatWhyte said...

My young friend has some acquaintances who, when they realized how old I am, thought I MUST be in a rush to get to the altar. And it wasn't just men, I'm sure :)

Adei von K said...

OMG X!!!! I'm glad you're okay!! I just posted a question wondering if your shedding had anything to do with this...I'm glad you're off too. The goal was 200 lbs right? 1.2 lbs can be worked off in a heartbeat =)

LMAO at the foiled altar trap LOL...right...

the joy said...

i'm gonna have to archive to see about this master cleanse thing. hi! i am def adding you to my list.

Anonymous said...

X....you should really do the Weight Watchers Flex Pt. diet. The Master Cleanse is not healthy for you. You can eat anything you want just eat your designated amt. of points for the day. You get 35 extra to spread over a week. In 4 weeks I lost 8lbs. Please consider WW :)

I'm glad you are feeling better.

GreatWhyte said...

Oh no... Weight Watchers was hell on Earth for me! It took WAY too much energy and effort to count calories and convert stuff to its equivalent... I actually gained weight messing with that thing! The Master Cleanse isn't unhealthy - you're getting all the nutrients your body needs for the short period of time you're on it. It's just a mind over matter thing - either way, I'm done with it all. No more "diets." Just portion control and lots of water :)