Sunday, September 24, 2006

Monique and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Birthday

SIGH..... this was one of the worst birthdays ever (surpassed only by the truly horrible 26th birthday of 2003). I was on this ridiculous Master Cleanse, I didn't get any presents, and I got a reckless driving speeding ticket. Plus the next day I fell off the diet bandwagon (I don't want to discuss it, just know that I'm back with the tea and the lemonade) and I got into a horrible fight with a really good friend. It wasn't really a fight, more like a misunderstanding, but I felt terrible and apparently so did he. I just get so frustrated when I feel like people aren't making time for me - especially when that's all I ever seem to do for other people. I was so angry that I got in my car at 11:00 p.m. and started driving the six hours back to New Jersey. I was tired, I was angry, I was sad, and I just wanted to have a happy fucking birthday. What did I think I was going to accomplish by running myself off the road at 2:00 in the morning somewhere on US-13? I don't know... it just seemed like the right choice at the time. Luckily this friend convinced me to turn around and come home (or at least back to their house). I really do think that he cares about me, it's just that sometimes it gets lost in the translation.

This probably makes absolutely NO SENSE to anyone reading this, so I'll just stop blabbering now. Prepare yourself: tomorrow's weight will be more than last week, but like I said, I did eat twice this weekend. So even though tomorrow is day 10, I might have to go more than 14 days because of the lapse. We'll see.

P.S. If my friend happens to be reading this, I'm sorry if I worried you Saturday night. I was angry with you, and I didn't understand that you really were concerned about my wellbeing. I hope you understood where I was coming from and that our friendship will be better because of it. **secret handshake**

3 comments:

Jameil said...

sigh. that's one of the worst things about bdays. the world builds them up to be fab and then they beat the crap out of you and what do you have to show for it? a good blog title. at least you've gotten something good out of it friendship wise i guess if there's an understanding now. here's to a better bday next year. i will down some mini martinis for you tomorrow.

Adei von K said...

Girl, I soooooooooo feel your pain!!!! My last b-day was hor-ri-bley! Sh...my birth MONTH was horrible!!!

There's no such thing as blabbering on Blogger. Get it off your chest girl.

I'm sorry your birthday was wack =(

T Dot said...

Awww, happy belated birthday (i've been slacking on my blog reading lately)! Sorry you had such a trying birthday, but you're safe and another year older (and it seems some pounds lighter) so count it all joy. Hope the rest of your year is better than your first day of 29. :-)