Monday, September 04, 2006

Okay, clearly I am bored out of my mind. I have posted three times in the past 10 hours, and I still have 37 more minutes before I can blow this joint. However, I couldn't let this happen without telling you guys about it (it is starting to sound less funny by the minute, however).

So I am sitting in my office (with the door open because when I close it, I am told that I am sending the "inappropriate message to the staff"). I am finishing the last few pages of "The Devil Wears Prada" (and no, that is not the latest pharmacy journal, for those of you who track my every move!), and I hear this HORRIBLE noise coming from the hallway. As I roll my chair towards the door and over the threshold (no, I just couldn't bear to actually get my ass out of the chair), the noise is getting louder. When I finally reach the hallway, I see this Asian woman (one of the pharmacists) sitting at the computer (yes, the one in the hall that my Chinese compadre suggested I use instead of hers), and she is singing (opera style) "One Moment in Time." I'm talking Whitney Houston, before the crack pipe, balls out, top of her lungs, crooning, "There in that moment of time, it will be, it will beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" WHAT? It is so time for me to go.

And as a sidebar, I got busted this morning going up on the elevator. It stopped on the second floor (I work on the third), and the doors opened just as I was getting DEEP into my "uh oh" dance rehearsal for Friday's meeting with Beyonce. The nurse who got on the elevator looked absolutely APPALLED, and I couldn't stop myself from laughing out loud. SIGH... the ways we amuse ourselves at work :)

8 comments:

Jameil said...

huh uh. singing at the top of your lungs is far worse than dancing in the elevator. come on now. who doesn't dance/sing in the elevator alone? singing where the world is forced to hear you? unacceptable.

Madam DLBG said...

Security probably can't wait 2 watch u on the camera in teh elevators everyday :-)

Madam DLBG said...

Security watching the monitors probably love it when u get on!!

You should've gave that Asian chick a lemon, it might've helped her clear her throat.

Adei von K said...

OMG, I soooooooooooo don't want Mei Ling to be singing pre-crack WH at the top of her lungs!!!!! LOLOL That is wild!!! I really thought they were raised to be milder than that...shame.

Ummmm, getting caught in the elevator??? Classic!

La said...

LMAO!!!! I woulda killed for a picture of your face when you realized you were being watched.

Priceless.

K said...

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who gets down in the elevator. If they didn't want you to watch yourself dance then they shouldn't have but ceiling-to-floor mirrors. I will definitely have to check your site out again.

Smooches!

K said...

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who gets down in the elevator. If they didn't want you to watch yourself dance then they shouldn't have but ceiling-to-floor mirrors. I will definitely have to check your site out again.

Smooches!

GreatWhyte said...

Jameil - you're right. At least I was in that box by MYSELF! Madam - next time, I should really give them a show. Nah... wouldn't want to lose this job before I can find another one! Stacie - a few days later she was singing something else outrageous while she was waiting for her stuff at the printer. But I forgot to post right then, and now I can't remember what song it was. La - you have NO idea. But then I realized that I couldn't change it, so I just chuckled and kept singing in my head! Kris - I agree COMPLETELY. Yall come back now, hear?