Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day Two

Not too much work news this morning - but it's only 10:20. Maybe something will pop off later in the afternoon.

Day two of the Master Cleanse. So those of you who are already tired of hearing about it, I apologize. But my only accountability is on this blog because any friends I have who would normally check up on me to see if I've cheated live 200 miles (or more) away. So hang in there with me - only 12 more days :) I hate admitting this (and I hate even more that I did it), but I cheated yesterday. When I got home from work, I ate a couple of saltine crackers. I felt miserable the whole time I was eating them, so I threw the rest down the trash chute in the hall. I know that I have to do better, but I had convinced myself that a few crackers wouldn't hurt. But the whole point is self discipline, not whether or not a few itemsof food will affect the cleanse. So I made a promise to myself not to fall off the wagon again (I feel like an addict!), and I went to sleep.

This morning sucked again (that damn salt water flush!). I wasn't able to get as much down as I did yesterday, so as I result, I feel like I cheated myself out of the full effects. But I did the best I could - maybe I can do more tomorrow. Today's lemonade is MUCH better than yesterday's since I wasn't quite so heavy handed with the cayenne pepper. I've already had more today than I had the whole time I was at work yesterday, so that's good. It's just that I am SO hungry. I don't think I realized how difficult it would be to go from such an unhealthy diet full of grease and carbs to this - I should have, but I didn't (so much for being a medical professional!). And the staff is upset with me because I didn't bring in doughnuts this morning like the other resident did yesterday. Screw that - if I have to suffer, everybody suffers. You want doughnuts? Dunkin Donuts is directly across the street - hustle over there and eat one for me AND you. Half of them are always crying about their weights anyway, so consider this a push in the right direction -my next weekend working I'll bring in some salad :)

Morning weight: 205.0 (-3.6 pounds)

5 comments:

Setta B. said...

You cheated once just don't do it again. What I found difficult was to not think about food. The more I tried, the more I wanted to eat. Just keep yourself busy with work while at work and try not to go directly home after work.

Jameil said...

i'm cleansing vicariously. couldn't be me but its interesting to hear abt it. i would not beat myself up abt no crackers either. wait i'm not helping. you're doing a great job. keep up the good work. drank that cayenne lemonade. and tell your coworkers to quit hatin.

Adei von K said...

ditto what Jamiel said.

Ummm, I know I'm ont helping but if you're going to eat, why crackers?? why the carb-iest thing you could find? why not some celery? its all water and fiber anyway...

i'm happy that the weight is coming off! this is so interesting!

GreatWhyte said...

Because it's all I had in the house that I hadn't already thrown away and that didn't need to be thawed, prepared, and cooked. I'm sorry :(

Jameil said...

LMAO!!! please don't apologize to stace for not cheating more vigorously on your diet!!!!!