Friday, January 04, 2008

Mama Say Mama Saw Mamacoosah

Now it's a damn shame that I haven't blogged in almost a month. Ah well... I've been keeping track of others, so... bygones.

Anyhoo! Last night I discovered that there are parts of my body I never knew existed. And I also discovered the human body's endless capacity for sweat. I went to my first bikram yoga class, and yall... whew. Every time the instructor called out a new pose, she'd say the name of it, and then she'd say something that sounded like some old J-5 hit: "mama say mama saw mamacoosah" or something. **sigh**

I.
Have.
NEVER.
IN MY LIFE.
Sweated so much.

110 degrees. Twenty or so white people. Oh yeah, and me. Sweating. Like a Hebrew slave trying to put that last brick on the top of the pyramid. My God. I'm not flexible- AT ALL- so I felt quite a bit like a loser as everyone else was downward facing dogging and angry cowing and peaceful eagling and whatnot. However, I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. I see how bikram yoga can benefit me, I just have to stick to it like my clothes were sticking to me. So I went to Target and bought my very own mat and matching tote bag (no need to be sweaty AND mismatched!). Tomorrow's class is at 8 a.m. Stay tuned...

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year :)

3 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Damn 8 a.m. But I feel ya on the yoga.

PS: Be careful with proud warrior. I wasn't paying attention one time and almost fell over. It woulda been a very cartoon-like fall too. Lol.

Chris said...

I'm crying at the Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' chant. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it before long, it'll certainly be a benefit to you in the long run.

Jameil said...

i don't do yoga and certainly not at slave temperatures.


at least you'll be matching.