Tuesday, January 08, 2008

This is Why Healthcare Should Unequivocally NOT Be Universal

So I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 and I've never been here before. I'm driving up and down the street looking for the address that the receptionist gave me when I made the appointment. 616 Grove Avenue. But I'm confused- 616 is a house. So I call for directions. "Ma'am 616 is a house. Ohhhh.... the office is in the house? On the side? Umm... okay." **sigh** That's what the fuck I get for taking a reference for a physician.

Now I'm waiting. It's 1:15 and my appointment is at 1:30. I have NO confidence that I'll be seen before 2:00. **looking around for a distraction** These Hispanic overweight women (mother and daughter- both adults) are sitting in the waiting room of the doctor's office with a grocery bag of food. The mother keeps reaching into the bag and pulling out a fucking snack, then handingg some to her daughter. Orange. Crackers. Cookies. Chips. WTF??? That's probably why yall's fat asses are in here!!!! STOP SNACKING! And how come every where I freaking go, nobody speaks English? It's NEW JERSEY, for God's sake! And so fucking LOUD, though. **sigh**

Ladies: do women still buy (and floss) Agnier? Just wondering. Well, she obviously does.

Flashback to work yesterday. I'm enjoying my last few days at my wonderful place of employment, so I'm just chillin. This lady comes in- turns out her daughter works in the pharmacy as one of my techs. **all of the following is taking place at HIGH volume** "Hey babe- just left the doctor. I told him all about the itch problem. I wanted..."

WAIT. Now I know I don't speak Spanish, but the impossibly fat woman (mother) is talking to another patient in the waiting room. I just heard "Slimfast." Oh hell naw.

Okay. "I wanted a pill, but he gave me this cream. I sure hope it helps! So I used my Medicaid- everything was free!!" **insert cell phone blasting "rock Boys" here** MY GOD. Medicaid patients have iphones? Bastards. Ah well... she still has that itch.

4 comments:

Jameil said...

vomit.

Adei von K said...

eww on snack happy chicks!

you mean that etienne cat? i wonder the same thing, like, a"m I missing something?!" ewww!

and booooooo on iphone/itchy woman!!

the joy said...

do you want the itch for the iphone? earn it. lol.

maam i need you to check the cred on that doctor.... practicing out the house and whatnot...

GreatWhyte said...

No, it's an actual office. She just had it added onto her office. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was in any regular ass doctor's office. And think of what she saves on overhead every month. It's just that when I was driving by looking for it, I never thought to pay attention to the big house with all the cars in front of it! LOL