Monday, January 14, 2008

Bitch Ass Motherfuckers

First and foremost, a moment of silence to commemorate what should be a very momentous occasion: post #200.

********************************

Okay, moment over. Now, I have to apologize in advance if this post seems a wee bit angry. I am unleashing the fury... why? Because I'm FURIOUS. **tell 'em why you mad son!** I promise that you'll regret that you asked (especially if you're the person with whom I'm furious). But hey- disclosure is cathartic (or so I'm told).

Don't you just loooooovvvvvve when people do something that both they and you know is wrong, but they try to make it seem like it's not? And don't you also love when they try to call your bluff by acting like they don't care that you're mad? And don't you love even MORE when they act like your disappearance from their life is as meaningless as that last drop of water that evaporated from the Pacific Ocean? Ah well. Two can play that game. Actually, no... scratch that. It's not a game, and that's where he went wrong. I was SO very serious when I said that I was leaving you free to live your life as you see fit without interference from me. But when I said it, I wasn't mad. Just a little sad and resigned to the fact that our friendship has been irrevocably changed. And then you went and said it. "Okay. See you when I see you."

The fuck?

THAT'S how you want it to be, Billy Badass?

Cool. I hear you barkin, Mad Dog. You coudn't have made it any clearer. You don't need me, and with that remark, I could do without you too. It's kinda funny how how a friendship that has been built and tested and challenged and bent and stretched and ripped and patched and finally settled into a comfortable warm bond can be so easily supplanted by something else. Without even a fight. **sigh**

Well... it puts it all into perspective. You wanted me to be your homeboy- the female equivalent of your other running buddies. Oh but wait- you already have one of those! So what the hell do you need me for? You want us to sit around and paint each others' toenails while we dish about men and women and how to make each others' relationships better? I'm thinking no. That shit is selfish. We meant something to each other once. And even though we apparently don't anymore (even though you said different not so long ago), wouldn't you think that we could at least be fair and kind? Wait... you don't do kind. I knew that- what was I thinking?

So that's why I'm mad- boiling, actually. But what's done is done. While others are going about their daily lives, I should do the same. That was part of my plan for 2008 (along with not letting other people put their TRASH in my garbage can), so why not start now? We were good once, and when I think of you from now on, that's what I'll think of. I've been splitting my time for too long, and it stops here. So good luck to you.

6 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Oh my damn! Just don't smack nobody homie.

GreatWhyte said...

Oh my dear... you have no idea :)

La said...

ouch.

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah- that one stung a bit.

Jameil said...

good for you. i don't think it stung. felt good to me. sometimes you got to rip the bandaid off, shove it in the trash and smile that the scab is coming in without your help.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Hey girl,

Thanks for going public again. I LOVE reading your blog so please invite me if you ever go private again or maybe you already did which is why I can read your blog again i don't know any I am gorgoeuspuddin@gmail.com