Saturday, January 26, 2008

HI! Ny Name Is....

Allow me to first introduce myself... my name is MO. M-to the ... ah well, that's where all similarities to the song come to a screeching halt. Yes, my name is Monique; however, apparently that was not always so.

So, hi. My name is Lauren. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. See how that just rolled off the tongue? Almost as if it were REALLY my name? Well, apparently it is. And no, this is not another freakish similarity plotted and schemed by me and The Rib just to convince people that we're really not just two weird ass women on the Internet who have formed some kind of absurd bond based on a shared love of shoes and all things NOT P.F. **whew, that was a long ass sentence** If this seems random, it's because it is. If it seems odd and even slightly manic, again that's because it is.

REWIND.

My name is Lauren Grace S. Born somewhere in Chesapeake, Virginia in September of 1977. To a white woman. Yeah, it's finally official: I am a card-carrying member of The Establishment. DAMMIT... just when I was all set to laminate my Black card and go on a VOTE OBAMA OR DIE frenzy. Oh well.... at least that much hasn't changed. I'm still weird and funny and slightly offbeat, and I still relish my deeply cultivated love of all things sweet potato and chicken :)

We all like to think that at the end of evey day we have learned something that we didn't know the day before. Well folks, mission accomplished for January 25, 2008 because I DEFINATELY know some shit today that I didn't know yesterday. I know the name of the woman who gave me life and what city that took place in. I know her birthday. I know what she does for a living. I know her married name. For God's sake, the only thing I don't know is her blood type and whether she prefers pepperoni or sausage on her Pizza Hut deep dish.

Google is amazing. Truly. Now if only it can direct me to a site to help collect this back child support, cause a sister REALLY could use a first class upgrade for the cruise in April, ya dig?

13 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

holy ish! That's big news. Do we start calling you Lauren now?

Odd and manic is perfectly understandable now.

Adei von K said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a white-ass name you had there! Soooooooo not as fab as 'Mo'... in any way shape or form.

GreatWhyte said...

Rashan- no, please don't! I'm kinda partial to Monique; besides, I don't know that "Lauren" really suits me. The funny part is tht I am ALWAYS odd and manic!
Stace- not quite as white as "Andrew," I suppose :) But I do feel much more fabulous as Monique.

Jameil said...

wow! that is amazing. i can't even imagine. why did you have to say not as white as andrew? how about not as white as stacie? jameil x in the house!! represent represent.

Chris said...

that is amazing that you were able to find all that out. You and La would make a hella interesting set of sisters, that much is certain. It's always great to learn something new, especially when it pertains to your personal history.

GreatWhyte said...

Because, Jammy, Andrew was the whitest name I could think of right then! But you're right. Stacie with an "ie"... like TOTALLY, DUDE!
Chris- you think THAT'S amazing, wait until you hear what I found out today! More to come... ANd I agree. Me and La as sisters would be more than the average person could handle!

shani-o said...

Wow, that's HUGE!

How does it feel to be a white girl, lol?

And the thought of you and Lauren as sisters is truly frightening...

La said...

I know I'm supposed to probably say something all sentimental and stuff here but since we've been discussing this all day lemme just say...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you're going to hell.




and you know why.

So...Wise...Sista said...

FanTAStic!

GreatWhyte said...

Shani- I'm just as white as I've always been, I suppose. I'm just a little thrown by "Lauren Grace!"
Wise- yeah, I suppose it is.
La- yes, I am. We have discussed that ad nauseum. So get your church fan ready, cause it's you and me, kid!

Adei von K said...

word? WORD?

both of you, "don't do me",

I like my name. and "Andrew" is one of my favorite boy names thankyouverymuch.

La said...

wait- why is everyone hating on us being sisers? BOOOO lol

the joy said...

Aw! That's so cool. I know I'm late but that's cuz I couldn't post the day you did this. My phone hates your blog. Anyways, the name Lauren doesn't suit either of you really. And Barack is half black too, so I say you can still root for him.