Thursday, January 17, 2008

May 3, 2008



And now, after such meaningless drivel (see previous post!), something of substance. After being inspired by a fellow blogger, I have officially entered the 2008 Revlon Run/Walk for the fight against women's cancers.

Now I know I don't know yall (most of yall), but I think this fight is EXTREMELY important. As a child of a woman who lost her fight against cancer and someone who has watched countless other people succumb to the same ugly word, this cause hits particularly close to home. So if you're interested in making a donation for my participation, you can go to my personal website set up by the organization. Please understand that NONE of this money goes to me, so don't think that you are fattening my personal coffers so I can buy those goodies in the previous post! I just hope that you are as moved by this cause as I am and will agree to support it. Also, if you are in the area or will be that weekend (May 3, 2008), sign up to run/walk. It's only a 5K route (a little over three miles), and you can take it as fast or slow as you'd like. The entry fee is only $30, and if I get 14 or more people together, we can form a team. So holla at your girl if you have any questions, or better yet, go to my website and leave a donation. THANKS!!!

No comments: