Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My life is so boring these days. Nothing going on, so nothing to post. I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not, so hey- suck it up.

I watched "Sunday Best" last night on BET. Anybody else see that? Kinda like "American Idol" meets "Bobby Jones Gospel Hour." Whew... I can only imagine how much fried cihcken and aluminum foil were present in those parking lots! There was this one guy who wrote his own rap (refreshing after 3 million renditions of "I Need You Now" and "Reason Why I Sing"), but the hook? "Who's your daddy? JESUS!" Not so much. And Kirk Franklin was the Ryan Seacrest equivalent. **sigh**

I saw "Knocked Up" yesterday. I REALLY wanted it to be funnier. Everyone was raving about the guy from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," but I just thought he was lame. And his friends/roommates? Loo-loo-loo-losers. To the third power. I thought if I had to look at Katherine Heigl's fake pregnant belly with it's painted on stretch marks any more, I would vomit. So I did.

Bought the new Keyshia Cole and Jill Scott CD's last week. Short and short. But both worth my $11.99. Not too much more to say about that.

If it's 6:02 p.m. and you see me with my purse on my shoulder pulling the gate closed around the pharmacy with sweat pouring down my face, then yes, we are closed. And no, you cannot get "some" of your wife's pills until tomorrow. We're closed. Yes, I'm sure. No, I can't reset the alarm and re-open the gate for her thyroid medicine. I've only been here since 9 a.m. This pharmacy closes EVERY Sunday at 6 p.m. So no surprise, right? Now (say it with me): BEAT IT. And take your wife's thyroid with you.

I watched... I forget what iit was called... but some special on BET about Juanita Bynum. She has a very interesting story. I really only started paying close attention when that whole situation went down with her husband. But she really does have an interesting story. And her speaking ability is amazing- women love her.

Lastly, I was just getting ready to hit "publish post" when Emani walked in the house. She said that the man downstairs just stopped her on her way in and asked her whether this was her dog upstairs on the balcony. He starts yelling that the dog has been "shitting" on his balcony and he wanted something done about it. What?? The dog has a cage, so this guy is full of it. So you know me... always bout it... I go down there. Now we all know that getting things accomplished sometimes involves telling a few lies. So when this ass comes to the door, I say "I understand that you approached my daughter bout her dog. First of all, 'shit' is profanity. And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't speak to my daughter in that way. Second of all, she is a child. So if you ever have a problem with something that goes on in 631, you need to speak with my husband or me. Now I'll tell him that you had some concerns, but I can assure you that he will not be pleased when he hears about how you spoke to our daughter. So I'm sure he'll be down just as soon as he gets home, okay? Have a good one." Akbar. Dammit.

"Losers always go home and whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen." Love it. Best movie ever.

12 comments:

Freckles said...

Loved your post. I did watch "Sunday's Best" last night...was it just me or was one of the Mary mary sister's hilariously funny in some of the judging? LOL, I enjoyed it. I also caught the show about Juanita Bynum after that....interesting.

I hope you have a Blessed day.

Jameil said...

what movie is that? fried chicken and aluminum foil in those parking lots??? hilarious. knocked up was too long. how long can you do a million i'm pregnant and he's a loser jokes? not take your wife's thyroid! wow!! lmao @ the hubby scenario. you are a mess.

GreatWhyte said...

Ahhh... The Rock. Don't act like you didn't imagine all them greasy napkins and aluminum foil wrappers. **sigh** My people.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

I loved your post too. You seem a little cranky. I've been feeling crabby/pissed off lately myself and can feel you. It's something in the air. People have been about to get slapped and or cussed out and I don't even cuss! You needed to see Knocked Up at the theater when it first came out to get the full effect. It was hilarious! Movies are always duller after the hype and on dvd. I saw "Sunday Best" It was cool. I love good singing! Our people are so talented, but they can act and be the fool. LOL! I watched Juanita Bynum's story too. I turned it off when they got to the drama. I have heard and seen enough. She is human and I wish her the best. She is an awesome woman of God and we need her in the Kingdom. My religious opinion is that this was a major attack from the devil to disgrace her and make her ministry ineffective, and also God uses adversity to humble us because the devil can't do anything to us unless God allows it. Remember Job? We all need to pray for her if you pray and believe in the power of prayer. I will pray for you and I hope you pray for me that we come through this funk without hurtin anybody!
**disclaimer** i could be wrong about how you are feeling and I apologize if i made an error.

La said...

LMFAO!!!! Not punking the neighbor.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Get 'em X!! You see he could run his mouth to a child, but prolly had that bitch look when you went and checked him!

GreatWhyte said...

Gorgeous- nope, sorry, sweets! That's alllll me all the time. I kinda like it that way :)
La- oh you already know.
V- oh he definitely looked different when I finished than when I started!! Punk ass.

Jameil said...

i miss you, x.

GreatWhyte said...

Why? I haven't gone anywhere!!

Jameil said...

YOU WON'T NEVER POST!!! :( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

GreatWhyte said...

Give me a break! I just posted something the other day! My brilliance takes time to formulate, mannnnnn! **sigh** Plus I'm trying to stop complaining about my job so much.

Jameil said...

your brilliance? wow... you do know the pharmacia follies are the height of hilarity right? gimme gimme moorrrrrre! that song is hot. rock out brit!