Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Who Am I, Part Deux

So I'm 30. Yeah, rah rah. And as a belated birthday gift (I guess), I get this in the mail... an official record of final adoption decree. Official. On some old school carbon paper typed on a typewriter. With a judge's signature. In blue ink.

Okay. So Nosey McNosey dials 411 and gets a phone number for the attorney listed on the form. He calls me back, and after I explained the situation, he said that he no longer had records from that far back. **sigh** Great. Okay, so I called the circuit court and they were able to find my actual file **gasp** BUT... IT'S SEALED. So now I have to get a court order to have it unsealed so I can find out what chickenhead woman gave birth to my crazy ass.

Damn the bureaucracy!

9 comments:

Jameil said...

WOW!! How bizarre, though, that you have to unseal your own records. I would be like BUT IT'S MINE!!

Still Patrice said...

OMG! I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that I'm thisclose to knowing! :)

Adei von K said...

Wow!!! That's awesome! Do you really want to know?? Are you ready to find out?

Southerner in Suomi said...

Ditto@ Jam. WTH!?!?!

Anyway, you're moving forward and that's always good. Keep us posted.

GreatWhyte said...

Jam - yeah they say it's for the protection of both parties. In the unlikely event that they're millionaires and I'm after their money, ya know? I say pish posh.
PAJNSTI - it switches up my boring ass life!
Stace - not really. I'm really just interested in my medical history.
V - will do :)

So...Wise...Sista said...

Have u seen the documentary DMC did about finding his birth mom? It was just on VH1 again this weekend. Incredible. I got so swept up into the rollercoaster. *blog hug* :)

Jameil said...

hello love,

new post. thanks.

love,
me.

Jameil said...

oh & wise is right. you sooooo have to see that. it was bomb.

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah, I guess. I just have very different reasons for wanting my information. I haven't seen it, but I can only assume that he was lookiing because he genuinely wanted to make a connection. Sadly, I'm just nosey. And worried for my babies :)