Friday, October 12, 2007

Stop Me If You've Heard These Before

'If I'm on amoxicillin, should I take this new prescription for penicillin?"
"Does the second doctor who wrote the penicillin rx know you're already taking amoxicillin?"
"I don't know."
**Sigh.**

The prescription says: Dispense 210 mL. Give 10 mL every 8 hours until gone.
Okay, so... the available choices are 80 mL bottles and 100 mL bottles. Would it be smarter to give two 100 mL bottles and shortchange them a dose or give three 80 mL bottles and they'll have extra?
Um.....

"I need you to call my doctor for a prescription."
"What medication do you need?
"I don't know. Something for cold sores."
What's your doctor's number?"
"Not sure. Couldn't you call information?"
**grumbling madly**

"I need to refill my prescription."
"Okay what's the prescription number?"
"I don't know."
"Okay, what's your name?" (they tell me) "Which medication do you need?"
"The white round pill."
**falling toward the floor in sheer exasperation**

"What time do you want to pick up your prescription?"
"What time do you close?"
"10."
"TEN? You can't do it any earlier?"
**hitting my head on the safe. Repeatedly. Very hard**

12 comments:

The OE said...

Covert operatives fill their prescriptions under a pseudonym in order to maintain National security

Jarrod said...

Just when I think my day at work sucks, I come hear and read this. ***smile***

Jameil said...

"The white round pill." lmao!! cuh-lassic!!

Adei von K said...

Girl, if you don't fill those 80mL bottles and stop when you get to 50mL... you ain't getting nothing out of me!!

Please tell me you didn't call that dr. for the herpe I mean cold sore patient!!

You gotta love the round white pill LOLOL I laughed so hard when someone said that once! I got the str-8 face and said, "besides aspirin? let me guess, PREDNISONE! Ma'am call your house and ask someone to read it to you, or spell to me"

i hate the 10 o'clock person. WE CLOSE AT 10 THAT MEANS IT WILL BE DONE BEFORE THEN!! STUPID...

What is it about rx that brings the dummies out of society????

Still Patrice said...

LMAO!!! I sooo feel you on dealing with upidstay customers!!!

La said...

LMFAO!!!!!!! I so appreciate you going to pharmacy school.

GreatWhyte said...

O - Ummm... okay (question mark).
Everybody else - so glad I can bring a little (or a lot) of laughter into your lives! And no I did NOT call the doctor. Please. Handle that.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Yaaay!! More stupid people to make me feel smart!! Lol.

Chris the Minimalist said...

hi!
LOL this was funny!

Rashan Jamal said...

People are stupid no matter what industry you work in. I couldnt do your job cuz I would be straight giving cats the gas face if they asked me those stupid questions.

the joy said...

cvs is clearly a practice at patience. clearly.

Lisa Steptoe said...

ROTFL...and I thought I've heard some doosies back in the day when sellin' drugs. HA!