Tuesday, October 30, 2007

7:59 a.m.

Should I take it as a sign that I am currently sitting in the far left lane of the New Jersey Turnpike just north of exit 12 with a completely empty gas tank? Should I view this as a portent of things to come because I was supposed to be at work at 8:00 a.m. and I ran out of gas at 7:30 a.m.? Is it still a full moon? Did the Daylight Saings Time debacle cause me to run out of gas on my way to work? THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT. And to add insult to injury, I am at a place on the turnpike where someone would have to come PAST me on the other side just to come back on my southbound side. And the northbound side is JAMMED with traffic going to NYC. Oh yeah, and my AAA card is expired. Thanks dad.

7 comments:

Southerner in Suomi said...

Wow and wow! Do you drive a house on wheels like La? You might make it. I've prayed my way to work on an empty tank quite a few times.

GreatWhyte said...

Uh, no ma'am. I was out as in my car cut off while I was driving 75 mph in the fast lane of the truck side. Oh no, there were no fumes. It was so bad that when I got one gallon in the tank, the car still wouldn't start. Like that...
And no... an '02 Saturn.

Jameil said...

sucktastic. i was with a friend once when his car ran out of gas so now when it hits 1/4 tank i'm at the gas station.

Still Patrice said...

it's almost 1 here, I hope you are not still on the side of the road, and that you didnt have to pay alot a money to do so!

Adei von K said...

wow.
i've restarted my odometer to know how far i can go once the light goes on. i haven't gone past 30 miles. its a nightmare of mine that i run out of gas on the road!

La said...

My day rapidly went downhill from our convo this morning. Did I not have enough in the flask...?

Jameil said...

new post.