Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Being Broke Ain't Sexy

As I type this, I am hustling down Garfield Avenue (no wonder it's so smelly and oppressively humid out here) trying to make it to the Light Rail Station. From there, trying to get to the PATH station so I can then take the subway uptown to 65th Street. I am tired. I am sweating. My hair is swelling. And I'm pissed. Pissed because I don't have the money to just drive my car and pay to park like I normally do. Pissed because I don't have the money secondary to helping someone else out (again). Pissed because people owe me money and aren't paying because even though I've asked for it (repeatedly), they still think I don't need it. Pissed because I didn't know it was going to rain today, so I didn't bring my umbrella. Pissed because I have to pay my rent today (yes, for OCTOBER) which leaves me with pennies in my account. Pissed pissed pissed pissed pissed.

Oh yeah, I'm pissed.

4 comments:

Still Patrice said...

You ask and they still don't repay?! You are justified in your pissification!

Let's pray you don't have any stupid customers today!

Jameil said...

people rarely ask me for money. good thing b/c i'd have to say no. friends and money are such a bad mix. sigh. why they got to act like that?!?!

Adei von K said...

oooh that sucks. broke hurts and breaks your spirit. and EVERYTHING that could go wrong goes wrong when you're broke. as if the umbrella and your money sitch were related, it seems like it is now.

GreatWhyte said...

PAJNST- nah, I was off, so it was cool. But I'm sure the foolishness will resume today!
Jam- I'm such a soft touch. I can't watch someone go without when I know I can help. At the time, it was pennies to me. Now it's enough to get me through until payday next Friday. See my problem?
Stace- tell me about it. I haven't been this broke since I was teaching in '01.