Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I LOVE When This Happens!!

I was reading Isis' blog tonight (check her out, yall) and I found this. I love it. Period. love it, love it, LOVE IT!!! I was JUST making this point the other day :)

Untitled
when people see me walking down the street
they mutter to themselves..

"she's too much .. I can't talk to her"
"she think's she's all of that"
"hmph.. look at her"

but just like a book .. located high on a shelf
if you never dare to open the cover
to curl up in a corner .. draw your feet up on the couch
and carress the delicate pages that are held within .. the hard exterior

one will never truly get to experience just how exquisite
.. profound
.. ethereal
.. surreal
just how good it really can be ..
unless. ..

you take the time
to reach high up
and select the book that you once figured was out of your grasp
and actually realized
it was exactly what you were looking for.

-Isis

4 comments:

thee modern isis said...

ah wow. I'm happy you liked it and thank you for the love.. I truly appreciate it chica!

Ms.Honey said...

DITTO!!! But I sometimes find myself not approaching people as well because of the same reason...sad but true..I will try to do better being that I've read this now.

La said...

I love that! People judge me like that ALL THE TIME

The Very Reverend Ace Clemmons, Jr. said...

i still haven't found what i'm looking for.


wait a second.......

ace