Monday, November 06, 2006

Don't Be Afraid

Don't be afraid. You'll be fine. You'll be better than fine, you'll be great. No, you'll be better than great. You'll be happy. And after all, isn't that what you want? I know you think you're not ready. I know you think you're too young. I know you think it isn't time. I know you think it will mean the end of an era. But it won't. Don't be afraid. Even though all the storybooks say different, the stars will never be perfectly aligned. There will never be a time when you feel that everything is perfect. Why deny yourself something that could change your life because you're afraid? Why not just do it? Isn't it easier to focus when you're happy? Isn't it easier to struggle when you're not alone? I know, I know. Choices are fun too. Options keep it light. The grass is always greener on the other side, right? Well, maybe you're right. But I don't think so. Sometimes even the hurt is bearable if you can look back on the joy that brought you there. Sometimes even an unhappy ending is worth the lessons learned in the process. Sometimes it's just better to be brave. You have so much to give. You have such a light inside of you. Your smile, your heart, your humor, your intelligence, your warmth, your reality (yes, even your reality). It's enough, really it is. Don't think of it as an extra burden to carry. It really can make it easier. I promise. I've been there before. And also, remember this. It doesn't matter who. It only matters that you're not afraid. You can do it. You can do it well. So take a deep breath. And then jump. Don't be afraid.

3 comments:

Jameil said...

and if you are afraid, don't worry. you can still try it. b/c like you said, even in failure, there's some success.

Adei von K said...

are you talking ot yourself or did someone say/write this to you? i'd listen to either one

GreatWhyte said...

I am actually talking to someone else here.