Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Grateful Wednesdays

Here I go again... I told yall that there would be multiple blogs today :) But the up side is that it is almost 3:00, so I should be gone soon. I originally got this from Trish's blog (who has since decided to stop blogging), but then I saw it done again by Honey Libra. I think that it is a wonderful idea to stop and take at least a few minutes to articulate what you are grateful for - even if it is only once a week. So here is mine: this Wednesday, I am grateful for..
- being alive.
- getting ready to start a new job.
- the simplicity of my dog waking me up in the morning - reminds me that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
- the fact that the opera singing pharmacist is working in one of the satellite pharmacies today!
- the 25 years that I spent with my mother and the lifetime that I will spend remembering her.
- vision to see the haircut that I really don't like, but am willing to deal with anyway.
- the feeling I get in the pit of my stomach whenever you call.
- the new Robin Thicke CD because it makes me feel so warm and comfy after a day of craziness here.
- life, mine and others'.
- love. The friend kind and the lover kind. And sometimes even the kind that you can't classify.
- February 14, 2004 to July 17, 2005.
- the gift of the written word.

8 comments:

Jameil said...

what abt the homie lover friend kind? ahhhhhh yeah! that's that good ish! lol

i want to go to the opera. i saw this blk female opera singer on the today show but i didn't catch her name. she was really pretty too.

why e'rbody keep talkin about robin thicke? dammit. i'm on aol music now tryin to find it so i can listen.

Ms.Honey said...

Hey girl! Loved the post and if you are mentioning the haircut in the picture I must tell you that it's quite jazzy LOL

I'm grateful for my dog waking me as well cause if he's quiet I begin to wonder LOL

I'm grateful that God allows things that I least expect to come..just when I need them :)

GreatWhyte said...

Yes, Jameil. You would be correct about that! I love the opera too - maybe the Today Show website has her name. And Robin Thicke is FANTASTIC. I saw a review that said he was a bootleg Justin Timberlake, but I really don't think that is where he's going with it. I love his sound.
Honey-Libra, thanks! Not the haircut at the top, but the ones in the pictures from Homecoming. It's growing on me. Please keep stopping by!

Jameil said...

i hate the today show website. its thru msnbc.com and is the most incoherent thing i've ever seen. its like talking to a 3 yr old boy. you know they can't communicate well so you just end up going uh huh baby yeah WHATEVER! still didn't find robin thicke (lazy).

nikki said...

i loved this post!

and i see there is yet ANOTHER robin thicke fan out there. i've met like four of you already. i'm gonna get that dang cd before i hear another thing about it.

NegroPino™ said...

New here..THanks for stopping by..I love the hair do...U are so pretty

GreatWhyte said...

Thank you for saying that Missy, and please come by more often. I love your blog :)

Adei von K said...

you know i'm stealing this right? LOL
homie lover friend is BOMB!