Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Rambling Thoughts that Occur to Me JUST Before It's Time To Go Home

Question #1: Is it really possible that men don't know when they have a soulmate? You know that one girl that they claim is "just a homegirl," but who YOU know is just one conversation away from being "the one" for him? I was having this conversation last night, and I backed off of it because I didn't want to push the guy STRAIGHT into the arms of the girl so that they could have "the conversation." I guess I just think that if they talk - I mean REALLY talk - then he will go from "I'm not really ready to be in a relationship with ANYBODY right now" to "I am so glad that we finally talked, and I can't wait to be with you." SIGH... what will be will be, I guess.

Question #2: Does anyone ever REALLY have secrets? I mean things about them that NOBODY knows... I think it's possible to have things about yourself that nobody KNOWS to be true, but is there anything about you that people don't even SUSPECT? I'm being cryptic, I know, but it's because I'm not sure whether to out myself (and someone else) or if it really doesn't matter because people already know. Oh well... "he" said that I could write about something that happened this weekend, and I am absolutely DYING to do it, but I'm nervous. I don't want to put him out there because then EVERYBODY will know what I already know, and his stock will SKYROCKET (is that selfish?). But I also don't want to write about it because then people will know more about me than I think I'm ready for them to know. Of course I could just be naive... anybody who pays ANY kind of attention has probably already figured this out. But if I validate it by putting it in print, I could be giving one person in particular a better glimpse at me and this guy than I am ready for her to have. Okay, I'm babbling. I'ma sit with this a bit longer and then see how I feel about airing it (and him) out. But if you're REALLY interested......

2 comments:

Jameil said...

men know but they're afraid esp. when they're young. b/c they're getting all this pressure from their stupid friends who have NEVER BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP!! not a faithful one anyway. and they're all saying no you're not ready, don't do it man, this is forever and don't you want some on the side and all that other stuff. sometimes they need some common sense nudging in the right direction.

don't be nervous. lol. i've wondered about the secret thing. i think we all have such an urge to tell we don't know what to do with ourselves. so the likelihood that NO ONE knows is slim to none.

Adei von K said...

Answer #1. Men NEVER know. I think we have to (unfoortunately) drag it out of them... most of the time. In some instances (few and far btwn), they know before we do but we're looking for mr. right, having fun (supposedly) with mr. wrong.

#2 I don't think ANYONE has secrets. I personally wouldn't put my SERIOUS biz on blogger. My foot has been in my mouth on SEVERAL occassions! And especially if you don't want certain people knowing certain things... i'd pass.