Sunday, March 02, 2008

CHU'UCH!!!!!!!!!!

I went to church this morning. It's no secret that I wish that I could go more often, but with this job, I usually have to work every other weekend. Coincidentally, I have been out of town for the last two weekends I had off, so I missed church then too. Anyway, I went this morning. I have never been the person who was all gung ho about going to church on Sunday mornings. I grew up in the church with my mother, so it was really never a choice kind of thing. But when I got to be an adult with my own means of transportation and my own schedule, my church attendance started to slip. I am one of those people who is moved the most by the music; if the choir is good, it really doesn't even matter what the pastor is saying, I've got what I came for. When I joined Morning Star, I was really blessed to be able to get both. The recording choir here is amazing (and I'm not biased just because Bishop sings with them!), and the pastor is second to none. The church isn't too large, and I always leave feeling better than when I came.

So this morning, the choir sang one of my favorite songs by Donald Lawrence and the Tri-City Singers, "The Blessing of Abraham."

I SOOOOOO love this song. Now I have never been the get up and clap you rhands kind of worshipper... I grew up in the Episcopal church, so you can imagine how quiet and reserved that experience was. But there is something about this song that never fails to get me up out of my pew. So as if that wasn't enough of a message for me, I then got this song, also by Donald Lawrence and his choir called "Bless Me..."

So I had to ask myself, what is this inheritance that I love to sing about so much? What is it that the Lord has in store for me? And when I am praying for him to enlarge my territory, what exactly is it that I want? That's my problem... I am afraid that my inheritance might have passed me by and I wasn't paying attention and missed it.

There was a point to this post; I started off with a very specific message, but it's gone now. I'll just leave you guys with some songs that inspire me with the hope that they will do the same for you.

"Encourage Yourself" by Donald Lawrence and the Tri-City Singers

"Giants" by Donald Lawrence and the Tri-City Singers

"For Every Mountain" by Kurt Carr and the Kurt Carr Singers

"God Blocked It" by Kurt Carr feat. Yolonda Adams

"Yesterday" by Mary Mary

"Can't GIve Up Now" by Mary Mary

2 comments:

Jameil said...

giiiiiiiiirl. i know your sitemeter tells you i've been on here a minute havin show nuff CHU'CH up in here! complete with hollerin and throwin the hands in the air! hotness!! you took me back w/david lawrence and tri city!! fiyah! i'll be back for the mary mary tomorrow!

Southern_Lady said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE D. Lawrence & the Tri-City Singers! I look at the finale DVD all the time. Thanks for the post!