Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday is Bored Day

"Sir, by law the DEA number must be written by the doctor or pre-printed on the prescription."
"Well can't you just write it in?"

And so goeth my 12-hour day at the pharmacy.

"I'm going to send all of my patients to another pharmacy!"
"Okay, sir. I'll try to remember that every Friday morning when I'm depositing my paychecks."

Too harsh? Oh well... Blame the lemons. Or maybe it's the cayenne... Whatever.

I finished this week's book early, thanks to a very slow store. "Mercy" by Jodi Picoult was mainly about a man who killed his terminally ill wife after she'd asked him to end her suffering. There were some really interesting subplots too, but... Oh never mind. I write a terrible book review and you guys don't care anyway. This week is La's recommendation, "The Emperor of Ocean Park" by Stephen L. Carter.

Let's see, what else? Ah yes... Still drumming my fingers for the next task of Making the Blog. Although I can't really be sure if there's any need to continue... Our team RAVAGED the competition last week.

Eight more days until the Suntan Express sets sail- yay!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

LMAO@I'll remember that when I'm cashing my checks...that was awesome. I wish I could use that line at my gig.

I haven't read anything new or classic in ages, I just discovered "A Do Right Man" by Omar Tyree and I'm stuck on it because of the parallels I share with the main character in terms of the field of vocation and the struggles with women. Translation: It SO speaks to me.

Southerner in Suomi said...

Not harsh at all. People think too much of themselves for who knows what his reason is.

I'd say it was just enough. Let me guess, there was a long stunned pause or he hung up? Both acceptable reactions. Lol.

Adei von K said...

you saw how jizzy didn't exempt us right??? mean behind jizzocracy...

I love that people think what they do will affect you tremendously. Take your raggedy ass customers to another store! That's 15 less scripts for me and same paycheck, thx.