Tuesday, February 12, 2008

XSively Yummalicious

I hyped up the sushi from this restaurant a few weeks ago; one, because I am such a fat ass, and also because I was so excited about seeing my friends and linesisters. Well, this past weekend I went down to Baltimore for my best friend and linesister's 31st birthday party. Her sister planned this surprise dinner at XS downtown with several of our chapter Sorors and her brother and sister-in-law. I have spent a lot of time in Baltimore, but had never been to this place before. I caught the train down, so I didn't have a car. My girlfriend dropped me off at the resturant, so I had my luggage with me looking like all kinds of bag lady, and it was POURING down rain too! When I staggered into the resturant, I was looking around like, "what the hell is this foolishness?" It was a coffee shop on the first floor with a second level that had a few tables and chairs. My first thought was "I thought we were having sushi?" and I really wanted to burst into tears. But the restaurant was on the third floor, and it was jam packed. I'd bore you with the details, but the bottom line is this: GO TO THIS RESTAURANT ASAP!!!!!!!!! I had the Black Angel Roll which was shrimp tempura topped with lump crabmeat and black caviar and the Kamakazi Roll which was spicy tuna inside, eel, avocado, smelt roe, tempura flake, and eel sauce outside. **sigh** Best sushi I have ever had. EVER.

Here are some pictures of us at the resturant before we went to see the BEST COMEDY SHOW EVER (Chris Rock). These photographs finally reinforced several things: number one, I am half white. And that is the TRUTH. Number two, I need a tan. Yesterday. And number three, I am abnormally tall. Freakishly tall. Like some sort of circus animal. **sigh**

Tyffani, Charteque, and me (#11, 10, and 13)... the B.O.T.L. from Spring '98 :)

April, Tyffani, Charteque, Me, and Kim - lovely ladies of DST

5 comments:

La said...

I've been there! But I was on the 2nd floor for brunch. Quite possibly the best seafood omelette I've ever had in life. AMAZING pancakes too. And now I need them again. I've been trying to figure out if I like sushi (so far I'm 0 for 5,934) but the Black thingamajigie sounds good. Maybe I'll try that.

**running off into cyberspace to find a ticket to Baltimore**

Adei von K said...

black angel sounds divine. you know i'm salivating over here!

bring your ass to M-I-A! its automatic you tan! even in feb!

Chris said...

Chris hearts Deltas. That is all.

Oh yeah, the restaurant looks dope...might be too rich for my blood, LOL, but it might be worth a check out.

GreatWhyte said...

La- yay! La in Baltimore! That's almost enough to eradicate HIS presence once and for all.
Stace- yeah, but no Beauty and the Beast roll. They had never heard of that, so... I don't know. Definitely get at that black caviar and lump crabmeat, though. Wish I could make it to Miami, but I'm way too fat and La won't hang out with me :(
Chris- doesn't everybody? I thought it was some kind of rule :) But you should really try the restaurant. It isn't that expensive, and it's FANTASMO!

Jameil said...

ooooooh! i knew stace would be licking her chops over this. let's meet in bmore for sushi! you should totally come to the MIA! i'll be there again at the end of march! last weekend! we'll both get tan. mine is just now fading from the trip in sept.

you are def. 1/2 white but why you gotta be freakishly tall? tall is so fab! i'm gonna be externally tall in my next life. in this life i'm just internally tall.