Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How I Spent My Day

I just realized that usually when I am off, I spend a large portion of the day Internet shopping and posting Couture Fridays (or whatever day it is) on my blog. Damn, I missed the opportunity today! Ah well... this morning I got up early and went to run an errand for Bishop and then I dipped by the gas station for some Five Cent Off Tuesday gas... yay! Up for $2.72 gas!!! After that, I came home and vegged out for a while. I caught up with all of the episodes of "Making the Band 4" that I've been saving on DVR. So many things to comment on, but I am so late and everyone else has been doing their recaps, so I won't bother. But my personal fave of all the episodes? BITCHASSNESS. Oh yes, my beloved bitchassness. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.... Diddy is sooooooooooooo right. Bitchassness is DEFINITELY an epidemic in today's society, and I have SO adopted it as my new philosophy. There will be no bitchassness in Bad Boy, I mean Mo's World. LMAO

So after a little television - no too much television - I left the house and went out to my favorite place: Barnes and Noble. HOORAH!!!! While at the lovely B&N, I picked up twelve, count em, TWELVE books. Here's the rundown:

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Love Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
Love in the Time of Cholera and Memoirs of My Melancholy Whores by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6th Target and 7th Heaven by James Patterson
Some Love, Some Pain, Sometime by J. California Cooper
The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother by James McBride
Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

I am sooooooo looking forward to breaking into this stack of books with my three new bookmarks. And my rib and I are starting a little book club, so I have somebody to read with me. Yay!

So here is the part of the blog where I live to regret it the next day. Blog readers: if you have read this blog at least five times, I am talking to you. You have read my thoughts, been a voyeur for my vents, and peeped some of my not so fine moments. So my question to you is this: what kind of person do you think I am? Now, YES, I do realize that you can't formulate any sort of definitive judgement about me based on some words on a page, and I am always the main one saying that people need to stop boxing me in because I made a sarcastic comment on someone's page. But this has a point, and I'll share it with you soon... what do you think about me?

Oh yeah, and please do listen to the voice post below... it's the story of how I met my birth father this weekend. **SPOILER**

11 comments:

Chris said...

from reading your blog and listening to your utter, you sound like a cool chick, basically.

And gas under 3 bucks a gallon? Oh, how I envy you, oh 24th letter of the Alphabet.

Adei von K said...

i love your books!

i think you're cool. bout it, funny, jazzy. someone i'd hang with. keep it real but classy. i mean, you went to hampton!

if someone calls you bitchy, i personally think they're too sensitive. my crew has been called 'bitchy' and i see it as 'funny'. so with that said, you're huh-larious!

Still Patrice said...

you come across as a very strong, confident young lady. Umm I get the impression that you don't open up to everybody but once you get to know them you you're an open book. Just from past post I've gathered you have QUITE the sense of humor (I started reading your blog b/c of your work related post) and you're very fashionable

GreatWhyte said...

Chris- thanks :) Always looking for a fresh perspective on my growth! And the gas thing, yeah... I was n the DC-Baltimore area this weekend so I feel your pain.
Stace- me too, I am DYING to get started, but I am watching Barack Obama in Houston right now **love him** I am rather jazzy, no? LOL
Paj- ah yes, the old CVS posts, lol. They were rather funny! Thanks!

Jameil said...

yaaaaaaaaaay books!!! how are you gonna have a book club and not invite me!! *pouting.* hmmmm... you're just x to me. i guess i've been reading too long. sarcastic but really, isn't that stating the obvious?

Anonymous said...

1st: The Color of Water is a great book....you will love it!

2nd: from reading your blog I gather that you are a woman who likes to vibe and can be serious too. You seem to have a passion for writing...you are very vivid with storytelling and you are hella funny! Also, from looking at the pics on your blog....you are a person that has style.

GreatWhyte said...

Jam- isn't what stating the obvious? Thank you for your insightful observations of my character :)
Mikayla- I hope so because I hadn't heard much about it. I really do love to write; the urge just doesn't come as often as it used to anymore.

La said...

I guess I could contribute but I talk to you everyday so... that wouldn't really count huh? Oh well.

the joy said...

i think you kind of sound like me!!! , but your voice is a tad deeper, how weird! im listening right now. loves it. i would probably said, "yeah im good," at first and especially if i woulda went to the mj theatre... but yay! and i say smooches too! *dead*

Rashan Jamal said...

I hate that question. What do you think of me? I'ont know.

Wait.. I think you are mad brave for the whole finding your birth parents thing. Thumbs up! Ummm...I think you are funny, especially when people are getting on your nerves. Hell, I'ont know. How do you want us to think of you?

GreatWhyte said...

La- no ma'am, it wouldn't, but always glad to see you hear!
Joy- I thought so too! I thought that the theater was HYSTERICAL; the people watching was, by far, the BEST part of the experience! Smooches!!!
Rashan- I wasn't aiming for anything in particular, just an honest assessment of my blogger character. Like I said before, I don't feel very brave, just MAD nosey! And I feel like I am not responding the way that the birth parents seem to be expecting....