Thursday, February 14, 2008

Long As I Live...

Yesterday was my one day off this week, so I spent it doing what I do best... sleeping and eating. Well, I did do a few loads of laundry in between all that, lol.

I was sleeping around 5 when my girlfriend called to ask me if Eric and I wanted to go to Atlantic City to see Avant and Carl Thomas? Not really. Do I want to pay for the privilege when I have to get up for work the next day at 6 a.m.? No ma'am. But the tickets were free and I didn't have to drive because we had a limo. Umm.... did you ask me if I wanted to ball out to Atlantic City and spend only a few dollars to tip the driver? Yes, please.

So I put on my best "I no longer have to dress like a whore to get attention because I'm 30 years old and love myself" tank top and skinny jeans with my black crocodile peeptoe pumps and my brand new matching bag (go pharmacy!), pulled my hair back into a clip, and climbed into the party-mobile.

**disclaimer: no, we are not the losers that you see pulling up to random parties in a limo with clothes from Old Navy. We only did that because her brother is this international poker player (who knew that we played competitive poker?), and I honestly think that he owns half of Atlantic City and maybe a quarter of Las Vegas**

Anyway... we get there and check into the penthouse suite even though we have NO intention of being there past 2 a.m. and drop off our coats. Then we walk over to the House of Blues and catch Carl Thomas right in the middle of "Summer Rain."

They'd started 90 minutes late, so our asses were right on time! Some ridiculously large man showed us to this cute little booth over the stage where I proceeded to drink Hypnotiq and pineapple (hey- us beige people drink Hypno too!) until Avant's set was finished. He was surprisingly good, but he looks a lot like Fifel the Mouse.

After the show we went back to the suite, ordered a gang of food from room service, and stuffed our faces. Then back to the limo where I promptly stretched out and fell fast asleep. Yay for two hour limo rides, good food, and free shit!

10 comments:

Jameil said...

how can i be down w/that sort of stuff?! "Summer Rain" is my joint! are avant and carl thomas always together?

GreatWhyte said...

I don't know, I've never seen them together. But Carl was pissed about going on before Avant, that's why he was late. He figured if he stalled long enough, they'd put Avant on and he could headline. So gay.

shani-o said...

Summer rainnnn/whispers me to sleep and wakes me up again... love that effin' song!

And yeah, you coulda made a stop in Plainsboro, chick!

Jameil said...

that is very wack. i saw them together i think at hampton. or maybe i just saw both of them w/112 in separate years. that must be it.

La said...

""I no longer have to dress like a whore to get attention because I'm 30 years old and love myself" tank top"

LMFAOOOOO!!!!! Such a fool, lol

Southerner in Suomi said...

International Poker Player? Kewl. What's his name? I watch poker all the time.

GreatWhyte said...

V- I'd never heard of him before I met his sister at church because I don't watch. His name is Phil Ivey.

Adei von K said...

sounds like my dream life.

the joy said...

i thought you were gonna say bishop proposed to you or something. at which time i would have had to been mad at him for the cliche. but your version was better, lol.

GreatWhyte said...

Oh Joy, I wish.... but not like that! I have these grandiose visions of my proposal; however, I know him. It will be plain. :)