Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bon Apetit

I wish I could say that I have been trying to lose weight, because I haven't. Not at ALL. But I really would LOVE to drop some major pounds; now if only they would meltaway on their own! Today I got inspired to cook something moderately healthy for dinner, so I consulted my favorite easy to follow chef: Rachel Ray. So tonight we're having (well, we actually already had) Crab-Stuffed Portabellos and Citrus-Mustard Dressed Greens.

Oh.

My.

Goodness.

The crab stuffing turned out a little less solid and dry than I would have expected, but it was oh so good. And the citrus dressing for the salad was FANTASTIC. It had me looking through the grocery store for 20 minutes looking for some freaking lemon curd, but it was so worth it. I also made some biscuits with something else I found while trolling through the grocery store for that damn lemon curd: pumpkin butter. Now I was late to the bandwagon with the apple butter because it always looked so nasty to me whenever I saw people eating it with their biscuits at Cracker Barrel (one time for Jefferson Avenue in Newport News!!). But I came around one day, and now I'm addicted, so when I saw the pumpkin butter next to it today in the grocery store, I simply HAD to try. Fantasmo.

Good eats.

5 comments:

Rashan Jamal said...

Damn, that sounds good. I wish I could get inspired to actually cook something like that. Its the same old chicken breasts and rice for me.

shani-o said...

Ummm yummy! I'm definitely on a weightloss kick... that winter weight is the WORST.

I'm having chicken tonight, I think.

Adei von K said...

instead of curbing your intake, increase your activity! don't stop eating, just start moving!

Adei von K said...

oh yeah, apple butter is insane!!!! and that dish sounds delightful! why diet when you can eat???

question: do you like pumpkins? my thing is, i don't like pumpkins but, the butter might be good since apple b is outrageously better than any apple i've eaten

GreatWhyte said...

Rashan- add some cream of mushroom soup to those chicken breasts and rice... spices it up a bit :)
Shani- it SO is. And I have never been a fan of exercise, so it's either modify the food or be fat.
Stace- moving? Um, have we met? Hi, I'm Monique!! I do love pumpkinss, so I figured I'd like the butter. But even I was pleasantly surprised by this... it was FANTASTIC.