Thursday, August 23, 2007

Let Freedom Ring

So... today I didn't sleep because I was waiting for a meeting with my supervisor that never took place. I got to work and found the technicians gossiping about this guy who will be taking over my job in two weeks. PARDON??? You said two weeks? MY job? The one that they pay ME to do? Riiiiiight.

So I call the pharmacy manager to ask her about it (the gossipers said the news came straight from her). Mind you, we'd just had this conversation a few days ago and she'd vehemently denied knowing anything about it. So again, she says (in her UBER thick, Staten Island accent), "no, Monique. I swear I haven't heard anything about replacing you!" I sighed deeply and closed my eyes against the steadily advancing migraine.

At that very moment, I decided to call in sick tomorrow. If I have to wait until next week to find out my future with the company, then I deserve a day off. So I call my scheduler and tell him that I need him to find coverage for tomorrow night. He says he'll start making calls. No less than five minutes later, the phone rings and it's -----, my supervisor.

"Hey, it's me, ----"

"Hey."

"Listen, I just got a call about you needing coverage for tomorrow night, and I gotta be honest with you. It doesn't look too good. But I promise we'll try to find somebody, and I will get back to you."

"Okay. Well in the meantime, are you considering so-and-so for my job?"

**yeah, like that. Straightforward and to the point. How YOU doin?**

So she pauses and then says yes. Then she hurries on to explain. The bottom line is that he just passed his exams but there is a problem with his paperwork, so he doesn't have a license number. As soon as he does, they want to train him for a week and then start him on nights at this store. Monday, September 3. And then I will be a floater. Riiiiiiiiight.

So don't you think it would've been nice for someone (other than the techs) to tell me that my job was no longer MY job? Never mind that I got what I wanted which is to get off nights. That is some shady shit!! So what, I would've gotten a call at the end of my week of telling me not to worry about coming in Monday night, but instead to report to parts unknown Monday morning? Nice. Ball-less corporate bitches. They were just afraid that if they told me too soon, I would quit and they wouldn't have a replacement.

Fuck it. Freedommmmmmmmm! Freeeedom! **channeling my inner Aretha**

8 comments:

soumynona said...

"....from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!.... from the curvaceous slopes of California!
But not only that, let freedom ring from Stonemountain of Georgia!.....

Sorry, I had an MLK moment. Nice entry!

GreatWhyte said...

Love the reference... I was too sleepy last night to even TRY to remember Brother Martin's speech! Welcome, by the way.

Jarrod said...

I just keep waiting for the post when you smack everyone in CVS...

GreatWhyte said...

Oh honey... that day is most definitely coming.

Jameil said...

OOOOOH FREEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! jarrod startin stuff (as usual).

GreatWhyte said...

Oh, don't mind him. He just can't go too long without making his presence felt. Awwwwww, boo!

Southerner in Suomi said...

Don't worry. They're spineless in family owned companies too.

Can we get another round of Follies?

La said...

"How YOU doin'"

LMFAO!!!!!