Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dear :

Dear :
I just wanted to take a moment to touch base with you. I know that we spoke previously about me switching from overnights to days, and in light of the 2007 graduates getting licensed, I was wondering if this would be an opportune time to revisit that change. I know that my store has had some challenges and that perhaps my transition to overnight pharmacist here hasn't been as smooth as it could be. I learn quickly and am dedicated to the improvement of our store's triple S status; however, I am not sure that my skills are being fully utilized here. With the impending changes in my own life as well as those here at 905, I just feel that the responsibilities and demands of the night shift might better be addressed by someone else. I have never been one to walk away from a challenge, and I hope you know how much I appreciate your initial confidence in offering me this opportunity. While working nights has allowed me to better learn the operational side of the store, it has had a less positive impact on my lifestyle and relationships.

If the opportunity still exists to work in the district as a full-time floater or if there is any store who needs a full-time pharmacist, I would love to discuss that with you. If you are fully staffe, then dI am also open to floating/working permanently in an adjacent district.

Please feel free to call me during the day whenever you have a moment.

Thanks!!

10 comments:

Jameil said...

also known as "holla!!"

Jarrod said...

It was only a matter of time. I'm just glad you didn't write it how you really wanted to say it.

So...Wise...Sista said...

X aint havin it no more, dammit!
Good for you, girlie!

La said...

I love this. One day, I will be able to write something this effective without my emotions jumping off the page, lol

GreatWhyte said...

Wow... I really hope that she doesn't interpret this the same way that all of you guys did and that is that I am quitting. I don't want to quit (just yet); I just want to get the hell up off of nightshift!!! Oh well... maybe I should've thought this one out a little more before sending it :)
Jameil - yeah, basically. What if I had said that??????
Jarrod - yeah, never that. I don't want to COMPLETELY burn my bridges!
Wise - thanks, man. I am just soooo tired of this experience.
La - oh no, my friend. You keep on writing those letters of yours. I only wish that I had HALF the nerve to say to my boss what I say to you guys (AND the customers!!!!). But when I finally do quit.... WATCH OUT THERE NOW!

Adei von K said...

i liked that. it was telling them that you are definately a team player but just want a different position. You gave Dear plenty of options to choose how to utilize you with which is awesome. You didn't quit right? you just want a different shift.

Jameil said...

i took it as "this is yo notice, of future kick rockery should you not see things as i do. you may one day find yourself on the receiving end of a holla." please retract your statement and replace with the above. it would be great fun for us all.

So...Wise...Sista said...

Yup, I took it the same way as Jameil (which by the way I will now be quoting as my own *kick rockery*)

Didnt sound like ur 2 weeks at all. You done good, X. Good luck with ur mtg.

Adei von K said...

"future kick rockery"

i love my blogger fam :-)

Victoria Page said...

Very well worded! Good for you girl! Working overnight is not the business. Good luck!