Friday, June 08, 2007

Back on the Scene Crispy and Clean

I am such a slacker. I realized this as I was reacquainting myself with my blog family. Couples have broken up, people have new jobs, vacations have been taken... man, I am out of touch. But like I said earlier in the week, I'm back. With a vengeance. So if you start reading posts about the world's most random things, blame it on my need to really get back to blogging. Cuz I missed yall, man!

I started doing Grateful Wednesdays because I saw it somewhere and loved the idea. I'm bringing it back, but I'm also realizing that expressing gratitude ahouldnt be limited to just one day. So today I am grateful for...

My life, lately more than usual. Life is just so short, ya know? Gotta grab onto it.

Whoever it was that wised up and sent Paris Hilton back to jail. What a ripoff, right? "Medical issue," my ass. That bitch was scared of jail! Period.

The fact that my car is still running. Man, I REALLY need to take it in for some maintenance before it quits on me. Come on, September. I need a new ride!

Knowing somebody who knows somebody. That secondhand connection never fails to come in handy.

My love. I had forgotten what it was like to love and be loved like this. As La (I think it was) said recently, that Sunday kind of love. It's special. Difficult sometimes. Complicated at others. But it's love. He's my love. And I love him.

P.S. Has anyone else heard the remix of Rihanna's "Umbrella" with Chris Brown called "Cinderella?" Ella ella ella ay ay ay...... **SIGH.** I'm addicted to singing that and I don't even like the song really. "You can be my Cinderella under my umbrella. Ella ella ella ay ay ay." **Double sigh**

4 comments:

Jameil said...

haven't heard cinderella, but umbrella makes me want to gouge my eyes out. i can't tell you how glad i am that you're back you selfish woman!! never leave us lke that again!!! isn't that why they have infirmaries in jail??? that's what i thought. i need to hook my car up too. ain't love grand? that was la. i heard that song for the first time in CT. made me wistful. but i know i'll have that again.

La said...

I like that song.





I'm so ashamed of myself.
*hangs head in shame*

shani-o said...

Woohoo! You're back. That's awesome!

And, seriously, is it just me, or did Rihanna COMPLETELY RIP OFF The Cranberries' song "Zombie"?

"Zooooombie, ey-uh, ey-uh, ey-uh!"

justmeReka said...

So I'm up late (as usual but you don't know me so you woulnd't know that late is usual for me) lol

Let me start again. I'm Reka ...La's sis. Stumbled across ur blog whilst trying to stay awake at work...had to comment about that new remix to Umbrella W/C.B. (whom I like to call my lil bro.) LOVE THAT SONG...AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT. BEST REMIX OF '07. My music director just added it to our play list!