Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Over the River and Through the Woods... and the Swamp and the Interstate and...

Last week was my week off, so I got the brilliant idea to take a road trip with my honey and his daughter. **sigh** and so it begins.

We left Monday morning when I got off at 11 a.m. I had just worked a 12 hour overnight shift @ CVS and was WAY too tired for any bullshit. Thirteen hours later we get to Jacksonville, Florida and I am already trying to resist the urge to walk to the airport and book the first thing northbound. It is raining and it is 4500 degrees and there are gators (cause in Floriday they can't possibly be "alligators") ambling slowly across the street at every corner. Emani is driving me BATSHIT with her "are we there yet?" foolishness because she just can't bear the idea that her father is paying attention to me and not her. And I am TIRED. Tuesday morning we go to Clearwater to drop Mani off at her mother's house. **wow**

Myra is 41 years old with a 24-year-old daughter, an 18-month-old grandson, a fiance but no engagement ring, three ex-husbands, and PLATINUM BLONDE MICROBRAIDS. **wow** She opens the door with, "Hi! I'm Emani's mom!" You're kidding.... I really had NO IDEA where we were leaving my boyfriend's daughter to spend the summer **duh**

We got back to Eric's twin's house in Jacksonville at 2:30 a.m. where we were greeted with her husband's cousin, his wife, and their two HOLLERIN children. At 2:30 in the morning. When I was trying to sleep. Riiiiiight. Wednesday afternoon we wake up and leave for his parents' house in Savannah. They were in California and so we were going to stay at their house for the rest of the week. But wait!!!! Bishop left they key in New Jersey. NEW JERSEY. Not Georgia. So we have to stay with his uncle and his new wife. YEAH!!! I got to spend the whitest holiday of the year standing outside in 7600 degree heat with 99% humidity watching colored fireballs in the sky. DOUBLE YEAH!!!

Thursday we went sightseeing in Savannah along the riverfront and... **this is for you, Jam** we ate at Lady and Sons. PAULA DEAN!!!! TRIPLE YEAH!!!!!

Friday morning we drove up to NC, then Friday night to Hampton. Saturday morning we drove to Kings Dominion. Sunday morning at 3 a.m. we got back to Jersey. And Monday night at 7 p.m. I came back to CVS to start it all again. QUADRUPLE YEAH!!!!

5 comments:

Jameil said...

OH. MY. girl. you need a vacation after that. IIIIII need a vacation after that. not the gators. that's scary. you had all kinds of names up & thru this blog. I WANNA GO TO LADY AND SONS!!!!! SO JEALLY!!!

Victoria Page said...

Lady and Sons.....was it everything I dreamed of???? I saw the food they made for her wedding and they had her reception there it looked like fun, and more importantly the food looked good!

Adei von K said...

oh ish!
OMG.

Yo, that was an ordeal if i ever heard one!!! OMG!

I do like how it was 4500 and 99% humidity though LOL

I want to eat at Paula Deens!!! that sounds like it was the highlight of the trip.

last but not least, blond micros?
i'm done.

GreatWhyte said...

Paula Deen's was THAT ISH!!!!!!!! There is nothing better than having REAL Southern cuisine in the deep South on a sweltering summer day... I'm telling you that the sweet tea almost made me WEEP!

AND Stace... yes, my love. Blonde micros. PLATINUM. And she has a gap between her front teeth. A big one. **sigh** Ah, Bishop. I have soooooooo upgraded your life!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Wow. Sounds like the worst week EVER. Sorry mama...but did you sign up for this or was this like part of probation or something? lol