Monday, April 07, 2008

Fascination on the High Seas

Whew.... I am sooooooo tired. But not so tired that I couldn't pop in to see you guys before I fall into a coma for the night. I just got back from a cruise over the weekend and I wanted to put up a few picks (in lieu of a quality post!). My best friend's father was turning 60 on Saturday, so they planned a big surprise party for him with all of his friends and family from out of town on a cruise to the Bahamas.

Friday morning we got into sunny Miami (heyyyy Stace... I thought of you!) and headed to the Port of Miami to board the ship.


I was worried becase the weather report called for intermittent thunderstorms all weekend, and it was a bit overcast in the beginning, but no worries... by the time the ship sailed, the sky was beautiful, so I was able to get a bit of sun. We took this picture at dinner the first night.

I don't know why this is, but you never REALLY realize how tired, pale, and just plain worn out you look until you see yourself on film. **sigh** Damn you, Sony Cybershot!!

The next morning we went snorkeling; the water was RIDICULOUSLY choppy, so we called it quits pretty early on.

On the catamaran ride back, the guide pointed out some houses on Paradise Island that belong to Whitney Houton, Barry Bonds, Nicholas Cage, and Michael Jackson. Now THIS is how I want to live!!



We found some beach on the back side of the island and there was no one there to take our picture, so... we took it ourselves. Yeah, I know... we look crazy.

And here's one of me at the same beach.

There are some caves in Nassau (too afraid of the bats to actually go inside), but these are some shots from the safe side :)




At the end of the day, we went over to Atlantis and played a little Blackjack (boooo on losing money at the Blackjack table!)


The last day, all I wanted to do was sit by the pool with my latest book and work on my color acquisition (that's TANNING for those of you who are naturally more fortunate!). But instead of indigo skies and brilliant sunshines, all I got was this

Which brings me to this...

THE RETURN.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

X you are a beautiful woman and you two make a gorgeous couple! I love your hair! I'm glad you enjoyed your vacay!

GreatWhyte said...

Aw, thank you :)

Jazzy said...

That water is calllllllllllllllling me!!!!

You both look great! You look a lot like my cousin Caprice actually. There's a pic of her as a little girl on one of my Flashback Friday posts.

shani-o said...

Beautiful pictures!! I feel vacation calling me...

La said...

SO jealous.


hahahahaha at the last pic

So...Wise...Sista said...

Wow, a tropical location where's its ACTUALLY tropical! Whats THAT like? My envy is sure to drown me. :)

Victoria Page said...

You two are a beautiful couple! I hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Adei von K said...

OMG!!! I love it! you're so cute and I love your hair!

Those pics are awesome!
how turquoise is that water?!?!

that looked like heaven on earth!

y'all are a cute couple! get it black love!!

Adei von K said...

oh yeah, i've been trying to scoop a zebra swimsuit for the longest! niiiiice.

GreatWhyte said...

Diva- Caprice... I like that name. The water was sooooooo lovely; it was just so windy and I don't swim, so I had to stay out!
Shani- I know right. I am already ready to hit the road again **sigh**
La- whatever. I couldn't find a better way to capture the post cruise blues.
Wise- yeah, it was that picture perfect for the day. When Sunday came, it was a wrap!
Church Lady- where have you been?? Thanks for saying that!
Stace- thanks dear. He's not so bad to look at, lol. Oh yeah- that suit was from Old Navy.

Rashan Jamal said...

LOL @ that last picture. The rest were great. Glad you had a good time.

Eb the Celeb said...

very cute pics... you are too cute together!