Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BFF's

All of my looooooove... my peace and happiness....

YAY!! My very best friend in the whole wide world crossed the burning sands into Delta land over the weekend. I stayed up all night putting the finishing touches on her gift basket (I REALLY should start a side hustle making arts and crafts).



OO-OOOOOOP!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Bead Yourself and made this bracelet in honor of my own tenth anniversary in Delta. There are nine pearls and there were nine of us. There are 13 pieces of red coral to represent my number. The reason why they are arranged asymmetrically (and YES, the woman at the store did not hesitate to point out to me that the bracelet had no symmetry) is this: there are five pearls to represent Malaika, Juanita, Kasharne, Shantia, and Holly. Then there are three pieces of red coral to represent #6-8 who dropped (losers). Three more pearls for Lottie, Charteque, and Tyffani, then one more red coral for #12 (biggest loser of all), and then one pearl standing alone for.... ME!!!!!! I really can't believe that it has been ten years already. **sigh** Happy birthday to me :)

7 comments:

shani-o said...

I LOVE crossing season! Congrats to your BFF (I'm waiting for mine to have her day). What a gorgeous basket!

10 years? Congratulations! (Does that make you old-school?) I'm one today, and I wrote about it. It feels incredible.

Adei von K said...

awwwww! spring does bring out the probates!! so happy for you and your decade in the game! that basket is nice!

lol at the losers who dropped. the symbolism in your jewelry is amazing! i love things like that!

Victoria Page said...

Congrats to your new soror! And yes, your gift basket is the BOMB!!!!!

the joy said...

My comment didn't post! Damn it! Any who, that's a cute basket.

GreatWhyte said...

Shani- I know, me too! But I think this is the last of it for me... my last friend has finally joined the ranks :) Yeah, ten years DEFINITELY qualifies me as an old head :( Congratulations to you on your birthday!
Stace- thanks babe! I went back to the shop today to make a replica of mine for my front, and the bead lady simply INSISTS that the symbolism is overshadowed by the asymmetry! **sigh**
Victoria- thanks! I really am trying to figure out how to market these things.
Joy- boooo blogger! Thanks :)

Monie said...

Aw, yay! And you are quite crafty!

Anonymous said...

In the wake of the announcement that Cartoon Network will air the 13th Pokemon movie (Zoroak: Master of Illusions) on February 5, 2011, GameStop announced that they will distribute all three of the legendary shiny beasts Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in their stores via download starting in January. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bags[/url] The walking distance from the Good Neighbor Hotels and Disney resorts is very short and you can arrive to your room without having to wait for the shuttle. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose expedition[/url] Plwxftzej
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora charm[/url] Ifrbchufk [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose[/url] fvkunatpp