Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Things You Should Never Say to the Pharmacist"

Oh yall HAD to know that this was coming... I have worked 20 hours so far this weekend and it's been ages since one of my Pharmacy Follies. So, for your chuckling pleasure...

1. "Is there anybody back here??" (said while rapping on the counter with your knuckles and simultaneously looking STRAIGHT at me). My response to this? A quick look over both shoulders and then a very exaggerated raising of the eyebrows, followed by "guess not!"

2. "Yeah so... what can I take over the counter for gonorrhea?". Now those of you who love me and speak to me often have heard this story before. But for those of you who have not yet had the pleasure... My response to this was "umm... Vagisil."

3. "I know this bottle says no refills, but I've been without my medicine for 8 days and I need it today. You need to give me some until Monday.". Now mind you, today is Sunday. My response? "Well, kind ma'am, since you've been without them for 8 days, what constituted an emergency today?". Her comeback? "I don't need you to tell me about no Constitution! I just needs me my pills NOW!!!". Do you suppose I gave them to her?

4. "If I get pregnant because you wouldn't refill my birth control pills, it's gonna be YOUR fault!"

**blink**


No ma'am, it won't. But here are a variety of other factors you can blame: the shittiness of summer TV giving you nothing better to do than fuck; your super virile sex partner; your dumb ass GYN who only gave you one refill on a script that you'll be using FOREVER; or... and I know this is a tough one... YOUR STUPID BEHIND for waiting through an entire week of sugar pills to call in a refill of a medication that you can CLEARLY read has NO REFILLS!!!

5. Any variety of "you're stupid/dumb/incompetent/ineffective/useless.". Excuse me, kind sir, but insulting me is the fastest way to end up with amoxicillin dust in your medicine bottle even though your profile clearly says "penicillin allergy.". I have one basic rule at work: disrespect me, and you get the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you want. So you can stand there screaming obscenities at me until my boyfriend Barack Obama moves into the White House, but your limp dick husband will still not be getting his happy pills.

8 comments:

Adei von K said...

number 3... was is pain medication? some of that good controlled stuff?

if i get pregnant...?

*blink*

BITCH, STOP HAVING SEX!!! That's how your momma got pregnant! Over there being fast...

La said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I don't need you to tell me about no Constitution!"

Oh that's good stuff, lol

GreatWhyte said...

Adei- not this time. It was Restasis (some mess to keep your eyes lubricated). Either way, it was soooooo not that serious! And the birth control lady... I simply could not.
La- right? BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Southerner in Suomi said...

I SOOO missed these. Please get back to posting these on the reg. I think I need to do it with all the stupid questions we get late into my night shift.

Victoria Page said...

"if I get pregnant"

I had someone say that to me when I worked at the hospital and they scheduled her tubal ligation on the wrong day. I just looked at her like "you can't just hold off for two weeks, what are you a rabbit?"

the joy said...

maam. vagisil? really???????

that chick was talking to you like NOT having sex is just NOT an option.

Adei von K said...

...

i know what restasis is!

*side eye*

GreatWhyte said...

Joy- She soooo was!!! As if she would absolutely DIE if she didn't have sex for a few days. **sigh**
Adei- Did you just give me the side eye? No ma'am. How am I supposed to know that you know what Restasis is? Before I got this job, I didn't even know what Restasis is!!!!!! But then again, I am the frontrunner for loser pharmacist of the year, so... bygones.