Friday, June 13, 2008

Week in Review

Week in review... this past week has been different. Last Friday I decided to really commit to losing weight. I completely cleaned out my refrigerator and then took a WONDERFUL trip to Whole Foods **sigh** LOVE WHOLE FOODS!! All these fresh fruits and vegetables and meat and... wait, stay away from the tomatoes, right? So lest you think that I'm not serious...



Last Saturday I was a vendor at the Morning Star Market. My church has a flea market-type deal where members who have businesses can sell their merchandise. I had a table to sell some of my breast cancer awareness merchandise to help raise money for the Avon Walk in October (yeah... SIDE EYE to those of you who still have not donated and KUDOS to those who have!). It was 983 degrees outside and it was not very well publicized, but I made $220!! YAY!! This was a picture of my table.
Oh yeah... a church acquaintance and her sister started a company making soy candles; it's called Yum Yum Candles. They were at the table next to me, so the entire time I kept looking oer at their stuff and trying to justify spending money while I was supposed to be making money! Anyway... the prices are very reasonable, and the candles smell FANTASTIC. Chocolate strawberry is my favorite I also bought violet lime, vanilla orchid, and delightful (a peachy scent). They also do room sprays. Support them!

And then... I bought myself a year-long delivery of flowers. So every two weeks I get a fresh batch of beautiful flowers delivered to my door :) I love flowers... first week is peonies.

5 comments:

Adei von K said...

omg, all those pics look wonderful!!

those flowers look amazing and that is such a cool thing to do (send yourself flowers).

GreatWhyte said...

Definitely buy your flowers from there, Stace. Their prices are not cheap, but they aren't ridiculous either, and the quality of their blooms is FANTASTIC. I sent some orchids to my linesister; she had so many in the box that she took some home and planted them and left the rest at the office.

Southerner in Suomi said...

OMG! I love the flowers. I wish I didn't have the most violent allergies known to man!!

You have to put up the pics every time you get some new ones.

the joy said...

the pic of the fruit makes me wanna go get some cherries asap!!! btw the best brand of hummus is sabra. pure wonder and tastes yummy on anything. even stuff that totally negates the purpose of eating hummus.

Anonymous said...

that fruits looks extra yummy....I'm transitioning to a raw diet so me and Whole Foods are best friends right now :(

THe pic of you with the Barack shirt is hawt!!! You have a glow, lol.