Thursday, June 12, 2008

Barack-o-Mania and More

Yes, yes... I got it from here first (thanks!!), but I am OVER THE MOON that these came today (I ordered three!)

So I won't belabor the point right now (even though Obama is my boyfriend!), but yall get the point: get out and BARACK THE VOTE!!!!!!!

So yesterday was my girlfriend's birthday (she turned 33) and we decided to go this new-ish spa in Queens. I saw it on the news a few weeks ago, but I was a little skeptical. The price and the location made me wonder about the cleanliness of it all, but I have NEVER been more happy to be wrong. New York Spa Castle was FANTASTIC. Here are some pictures from the website in case you are ever in the area.

The gold sauna room

One of the LED pools

Waterfall

The massage jets in the bade pool

9 comments:

She Draws said...

Wait a minute Professional Woman...(looking back at pictures) where is this now?

GreatWhyte said...

Queens! Who knew?! I took the 7 train all the way down to the end and caught the spa shuttle to the place. It is called New York Castle Spa.

GreatWhyte said...

P.S. oh yeah, and it was only $35!!!

Adei von K said...

damn! that spot is what's up!!! AND its only $35??? daaaaaaam!

i see someone copped the 'delta force' shirt!!! i love the descriptions!

i got rose gold. two of my fave orgs in one :-)

La said...

*grumble, mumble, bitch, complain*


Stupid spa day without me, lol

shani-o said...

Um, ok, that spa looks effing fantastic, I'm soo there. Queens, you say? In there like swimwear!

And the Delta Force shirt is ALMOST as fly as the Also Known As... lol.

GreatWhyte said...

Shani- you soooooo need it in your life! And if your going on a Wednesday, email me (weekends there are STUPID crowded, plus Wednesdays are my days off).

the joy said...

um excuse me queens, you better do it!!! i loves the shirt, it reallt looks good with your skin tone. i may have to buy one for la... she's feeling left out.

Southern_Lady said...

I'm going to NYC in August, so this is mos def on the list of things to do. Thanks!