Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another Boring Post

Hey bloggers! Is it possible that my life has become this boring? Should I really accept that there is nothing blog-worthy about my life anymore? Well.... I guess it is what it is. For right now, I am completely blocked. I have no idea what to write about- at least nothing that I can imagine anyone wanting to read. But here is what I have been up to...

I finished a few more books. "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult was every bit as fantastic as everyone who has read it said it would be! I love love LOVED it!! I hated the mother, I thought the father was a bit sad, I adored Ana, and I was SICK when it was over. Great read. I read "Stone Cold" by David Baldacci... another political/murder thriller. Good beach read. I picked up "Lipstick Jungle" by Candace Bushnell because Mini said she was watching Season 1 on DVD and I figured, "hey! why not?" It was no Sec and the City, but I was a nice girly book... three grown women find love and success in the Big Apple. Bah.

Last Saturday I went to see Steve Harvey at the NJ PAC... I bought the tickets back in December and just recently realized that the show would be taped for his upcoming DVD... great. So like the Black people that we are, we walked in JUST as the show was starting and had to walk allllllll the way down to the front section. But Steve was HYSTERICAL... worth every penny and the stomach cramps that I got from laughing so hard. Afterwards we went to Buddakan(again)... I swear if I lived next door, I would soooooooo eat there every day! This time I had frog legs, lobster egg rolls, black cod, and passion fruit mousse parfait. **sigh** What a dream!!!! Anyway here's a pic...

Oh yeah and I forgot that I was supposed to post a picture of the flowers that came this week. Actually, I didn't forget, but when they came, they were all still buds, but now they are starting to open beautifully. So here are my laguna lilies.

And last but not least... yesterday I went to Dylans Candy Bar, otherwise known as HEAVEN!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

dang..in the words of Trina, X you killin' them ho3s. You sure you don't model?

I loved "My Sister's Keeper"!!! IT had me thinking for along time after reading it. Have you read "The Secret Life of Bees"...its a must-read.

Adei von K said...

OMG, i need your flowers inmy life.

i just gave away my poncho that looks eerily similar to your shirt. I thought the black polka dots were too... something.
come on here and you are rocking the ish out of my shirt... should've kept it.

nah. didn't look that good on me

La said...

Mmmm... caaaaaaaaaaaaandy... lol

Anonymous said...

I like everything about your blog.

Monie said...

LMAO! I'm so mad the sign says candy is delicious food.

I'm gonna send you my address so you can FedEx me that bag and top. Thanksmuch!

She Draws said...

Girlie...that shirt is sizzling hot! That is a Go B. shirt for real. Hell now I forgot what I really wanted to say. *thinking*. Okay I forgot. I'll leave another comment if I remember.