Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas

Hey blog family... sorry I have been away so long. I just never realized how few hours there are in a day when you are working six days straight of 12-14 hour shifts! I am working until Friday, and then I can enjoy the New Year celebration without concern of unpaid insurance claims, mixed up medications, and customer servicce nightmares for at least three days. I wasn't able to do my grateful Wednesday this week, so I figured I would just tell you guys what I am thankful for this Christmas.
- another year of life
- the hospitality of others who were willing to share their holiday and their family with me
- a fresh new hairdo... yall KNOW a sister couldn't go into the new year with old hair!
- old friends with new conversation
- new friends who call just to see what you're doing and then spend an hour on the phone playing Truth or Dare
- busybodies who really don't mean any harm; they just want to know EVERYTHING that is going on in your life!
- grandmothers who get better with age
- the memory of a mother who just plain ROCKED!
- fathers who, despite their faults, really do try to look out for you
- growth and evolution. That old thorn in my side is GONE, and I have never felt better! So Merry Christmas to you too :)
- Serendipity because I think Kelly and I might be hitting them up on Friday... hear they have the best hot chocolate in town
- Dreamgirls, even though I have to wait until Saturday to see it :(

5 comments:

the joy said...

merry christmas!

Jameil said...

we're your dreeeeeeeeam girls, dreeeeeeeam girls. dream girls will neeeeeeeever leave you. saw it yest. it was fab. hate to tell you this... but jennifer sung beyonce under the table.

GreatWhyte said...

Jameil - well, that's kind of how it was supposed to go, wasn't it? Deena wasn't supposed to tbe the strong voice or the breakout character. But I heared Jennifer was amazing... good for her. Way to stick it to the American Idol set :)

Jameil said...

uh huh. i hear you but her voice isn't supposed to be strong at the beginning. jennifer makes her look foolish. its not that b can't sing (i'm sure you're making duh faces right now) but jennifer really ripped it.

Setta B. said...

Your new hair is beautiful! Have a great New Year, Lady.