Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Tag

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I LOVE me some egg nog. Spiked or not, doesn't matter... LOVE IT!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa? Who the hell is that guy? I haven't had a traditional Christmas like that in TOO long.

3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? Definitely white. My mommy always said that the colored ones were too busy, and as an adult, I tend to agree. In Jersey City they have wrapped the trees in these really beautiful periwinkle colored lights... those are cool too.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Always thought that was exclusively for white people. But hey, I am half white, so I guess I should start embracing that side of my heritage... bring on the 'toe!!

5. When do you put up your decorations? I don't, but if I did, I would probably wait until about two weeks before Christmas. Trees and lights the day after Thanksgiving is just a bit too overwhelming.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mommy's macaroni and cheese. Hands down.

7. Favorite childhood holiday memory. The year that I got four Cabbage Patch dolls at the same time. My neighborhood was BUZZIN!!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really have no idea.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As a child I never did. Now I really don't get gifts, so I never have the option.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and gold ribbons.

11. Snow: love it or dread it? Love to look at it, hate to drive in it.

12. Can you ice skate? I went ice skating in 2000 and tore two ligaments in my knee. Enough said?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really. I was an only child, so it was always so special for me.

14. What’s the most important thing to you about the holidays? Making sure that I speak to the people who matter the most to me, no matter where they are in the world.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?Egg nog.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We didn't really do the tradition thing. But the family that i spend holidays with now has a spades tournament at every family gathering, and that is RAPIDLY becoming my favorite thing. They have a trophy and everything :)

17. What tops your tree? I don't have a tree, but if I did, probably nothing.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving gifts? I love to give gits, but it has been a while since I've received anything.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Oh Holy Night"

20. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. That little boy is HILARIOUS!

4 comments:

Jameil said...

i love egg nog too!! however, it is not a dessert! lololol. not bring on the 'toe!! hahahahaha. hilarious. hurray Christmas!! 4 cabbage patch dolls?!!?!?! daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! that's hot.

La said...

Boo Christmas.

Jameil said...

x... i miss you. when are you coming back? *tears, wailing* boo hoo hoo

Adei von K said...

You're the only black person I know who LOVES the nog! when did you get acquainted with it?

"Bring on the 'toe" has me CRACKING UP!