Friday, June 16, 2006

15, 30, 35.....

Okay. So I have been in the tri-state area (babe, did we ever figure out what that third state was?) for 72 hours, and I finally decided to venture into the subway system. WHOAH. First of all, why is there a train for every season - 4, 5, 6, L, M, N, O, blah blah blah. Why could I not figure out where I was going, then when I got on the train, it turned out to tbe the wrong freaking one???? So then I had to get off the first train and totally branch out from the directions my girlfriend gave me to try and get back to catch train number two. Good Lord..... hence the title of my post. I know it probablt isn't funny to anyone else, but I felt like Mike Epps in that stupid movie with Ice Cube: "15, 30, 35, 37... a-duh-duh-duh-duh.... 45, 47!!!!!" I couldn't figure out which way was up, but I finally made it home.
And oh yeah... had a random celebrity siting today. Before I left to move up here, my newly discovered psychic manfriend told me that I would meet Malik Yoba on the street and that his lips would probably be ashy (damn, I know!). So I walking up 8th Avenue in Chelsea after trying for ten minutes to hail a cab, and finally I catch one. I get in and we immediately have to stop at a stoplight. I look ut the window on my side (we are in the far right lane, right next to the curb) where I see this VERY fine, VERY tall Black man getting out of a white Mercedes and heading toward this little corner deli. As he is closing his door, he looks up toward traffic, and I see that it is.... MALIK YOBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no, his lips were most definitely NOT ashy!! I was so thrown that I couldn't even reach the button to roll down the window in the cab. I just sat there looking like Boo Boo the Fool mouthing the words, "Omigod!!! Malik Yoba!!!" If he saw me at all (which I doubt), he was probably thinking to himself, "What a dumbass!!" **SIGH** Maybe next time my timing will be better, and I'll actually be on the street instead of locked inside of a vehicle :)

5 comments:

Jameil said...

nooooooo!! how could you be frozen?! its malik yoba! damn. so sad.

Jarrod said...

Don't front, you KNOW that nigga was ashy. He has a permanent coat of ash. You were just looking at him in the sunlight so it looked like a coat of lotion. But trust the nigga was ashy...HATE HATE HATE!!!

Setta B. said...

I saw him too. In Soho in June. Girl, you'll see pleny of celebs here. In Manhattan or Brooklyn, I see over 1 a month on average. I have to say that none of them look like they do on the big screen though.

GreatWhyte said...

Well, I'm keeping hope alive for Beyonce - that's my dream celebrity spotting :)

bedstuy chick said...

NY,NJ, CT