Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekend Recap

Man... My stomach is JUST starting to deflate from the ridiculously GINORMOUS brunch we had on Sunday! If you're in the Richmond area, definitely check out the Sunday champagne brunch at The Jefferson Hotel downtown. It was, in a word, WONDERFUL!! I was gonna post the menu here (and I still might), but Shortcake is hatin right now, so... Besides, just LOOKING at all that food we ate might send me into another food-induced coma!

**I decided to post it anyway... it brings back such tasty memories**

Breakfast Items
Various Poached Egg Specialties
Eggs Jefferson
Sausage
Bacon
Three Cheese Grits
Hash Browns
Made-to-Order Omelets
Freshly Made Waffles with Fruit Toppings
French Toast
Assorted Danish and Pastry
Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Luncheon Items
Poultry, Meat and Seafood Entrees with seasonal accompaniments
Bountiful Seafood Display with Smoked Salmon, Mussels, Scallops, Poached Shrimp and Oysters on the Half Shell
Chef's Weekly Choice of Carving Station featuring Roasted Prime Rib, Beef Tenderloin, Turkey, Lamb or Glazed Ham
Seasonal Pasta
Soup of the Day
The Jefferson's Signature Spoonbread
Imported and Domestic Cheese Display
Seasonal Salads
Housemade Charcuterie including Pates and Terrines

Desserts
Chocolate Truffle Torte
Variety of Cheese Cakes
Key Lime Pie
Citrus Tarts
Cannoli
Toasted Almond Torte
Pecan Bourbon Torte
Sundae Station with Chef's Choice of Bananas Foster, Cherries Jubilee, Stuffed Crepes or Waffle Cones and Ice Cream

The best part was that every time you took a sip of your champagne, the server was there to refill your glass! So as if the Patron and pineapple juice extravaganza the night before wasn't enough, now I'm HIGH on champagne too? **sigh** We sooooooo love it there.

I was also gonna go into this long detailed recap of what we did the whole weekend, but I figured nobody really cares. Here are the highlights: Friday night we went to the Martini Kitchen for drinks. Definitely need to take a bulldozer to that place and try again. Boooooo. Saturday we went to Short Pump mall and then the step show that night. Lessons learned from that experience? I am too old for the collegiate step show experience. I can only hear so many bars of "Atomic Dog" before I'm reaching for a sharp implement and all those children singing and dancing to songs I've never heard before just make me tired. But we did win first place (yay HT '07!!), so it was worth my $10. Like I said, Sunday was brunch. That morning Jigga drove up (get it? As in MY NIGGA!!!!! Never mind, inside joke) to eat with us. **sigh** He soooooo makes my heart sing. Anyway... brunch, sleep, football, 60 Minutes, and **ahem** other stuff. The end. Happy 31st birthday to me :)

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

"all those children singing and dancing to songs i've never heard"

LOL

I'm kind of looking forward to homecoming for that reason but then again, too many babies!!

sounds like your birthday ended *ahem* wonderfully ;-)