Sunday, May 21, 2006

When Do People Grow Up?


OK... many of you have heard me complain about the silly anonymous posters on my blog whose comments never see the light of day (you would think they would stop after a while, right?).... well.... while I realize that by giving them this little bit of web time I am only fueling their stupid little fire, I just can't resist. WHEN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GROW UP? When we graduate from high school and register to vote? Clearly not. That just allows us to have an extra form of ID in our wallets. When we graduate from college and enter the wonderful world of working and paying taxes? Nah... that just gives us something extra to complain about. When we go back to school and get ANOTHER college degree to beef up our resumes and improve our earning potential? Definitely not... now we can just insult people using bigger words that earn double digit points in Scrabble. What is wrong with people?????

In my last post, I was lamenting the fact that the University left my name off the magna cum laude list and simultaneously managed to misspell my name. Well my favorite anonymous blogger sent me a message (which I did decide to publish) saying that maybe if I actually had the appropriate GPA, my name might not have been left off of the list. Well, for whoever cares (which apparently this person does!), I did in fact graduate with a magna cum laude GPA - 3.62 to be exact. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have been eligible for the President's Award (which I actually won), and I certainly wouldn't have made such a big deal out of being left off the list. What the hell? Why do you have to hate on someone else just to make yourself feel better? And does it really make you feel better to cast aspersions on someone behind the cloak of anonymity? So now because I am responding to this bullshit, I manage to feel like a whiny, paranoid, "shellfish" brat (another funny insult from my anonymous friend) who feels the need to defend herself on the Internet SIGH..... oh well. Guess even a Pharm.D. doesn't make a person act their age. Dammit! When do people grow up?

2 comments:

Jameil said...

get it president's award!! that's so hot. i had those kinds of aspirations when i went to hampton. then i became more interested in good (not great)grades and LOTS of fun. no regrets.

aight. let this be the last time you let anonymous get under your skin. some people will never grow up. outta your system? if they're hatin, you must be doin something right.

GreatWhyte said...

Yeah... anonymous blogger SUCKS ASS!!!! Thanks for the advice :)