Monday, May 05, 2008

WALK WALK WALK!!!!

So guys.... I figured that it was time to stop with all the frivolous posts about books and pharmacy bullshit and hit yall up with some real deep, depressing stuff.

**pregnant pause**

Kidding. I am not really in that deep, dark kind of mood. But I do want to talk about something that is serious to me. On October 4-5, my friend Kelly and I will be participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer here in New York City. For two days and almost 40 miles, we will be walking to honor the women in our lives who have struggled against cancer.

As team Living Legacy


we will be representing our friends and families in support of a very worthy cause. So..... of course at the end of the line (like it always is with me!), this is about money. I am asking for your contribution to help our team to not only meet the fundraising requirement, but hopefully blow it out of the water!! Check out my fundraising page here. Feel free to leave a word of encouragement, or if you think that this cause is just as worthy as we do, then PLEASE make a donation. This weekend I will go and get my fresh brand new sneakers and START TRAINING (insert groan of pain and misery here). Say a prayer...

And a very PUBLIC (as public as it can be on a blog that is only read by about a handful of regulars!) thank you to the lovely ladies of Hampton University who have already risen to the challenge. SMOOCHES to Ash, Jameil, and Stacey!!!!

7 comments:

Jazzy said...

Hey...I would be more than happy to contribute, but both links took me to a page asking for log in information.

I typed in your team name in the search field and got a "no result found" message.

Let me know if there is a more direct link.

GreatWhyte said...

I am sorry about that- the lnks are up and running now. Avon hasn't set up our team yet, so right now only our individual pages are up. Thank you!!!

Jazzy said...

Done!

My company will match my gift, so as soon as I figure out where to find the form, I'll send that in too!

Good luck reaching your goal!

Monie said...

Yay for this! I just donated. Good luck in your training!

the joy said...

wooooooooooooo! ill work on the donation thang. i got time right? you know im broke...

Adei von K said...

woo hoo Hampton!!

is that kelly as in "Kells"? b.k.a Prez's daughter?

GreatWhyte said...

Diva- I was wondering about the matching donation forms too. The lady at Avon told me that each company has their own matching gift form. Let me know if you need any more info from me.
Monie- thanks for the donation!
Joy- of course. You have six months :) Thank you for even considering it!
Stace- yeah, that's her. Dead ringer for her dad, right? Lol **sigh** wishing I was at Hampton right now with my grandmother :(