Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How I Met Your Mother

Damn my arm is klling me! I guess two hours spent painstakingly flat ironing my hair will have that effect. Remind me why I said yes to this little agreement again? I didn't want to then, and I most assuredly don't want to now. But once again, my mouth (and curiosity) have written a check that my ass can't cash. **sigh** Now what to wear? Dress? No. Too pressed. Raspberry suede pumps? Looks like rain. Jeans or slacks? Short sleeves or long? Jacket, no jacket? Fuck it!! This is it. I'm out.

Yes! It's 12:26 and I found a parking space in the garage! Now I have four minutes to lay in the cut and see if I can spot her before she spots me. Whew- these shoes are 10.0 on the fabulosity meter and -13 on the "I'm walking a city block" scale. Wait... There she is! That is definitely her. I'd recognize that red hair anywhere. Casual chic. Black and white print jacet, black pencil trousers that stop at the ankle, black mules, red purse. Not too shabby. Well I guess I'll keep the pace behind her; maybe she'll see me in her periphery. Wait- she's going to the restroom... Guess I'll grab a table. I really should assess the damage that the Hudson River windstorm did to my hair. Whatever... It is what it is. Shit! She sees me! She's coming over!

**wave**

And that, boys and girls, is how I met Maureen.

4 comments:

shani-o said...

OMG!! Blog tease!! Moooooooore!

La said...

LOL right Shani? I was thinking the same thing.

I'm gonna need more information.

Adei von K said...

ooooooh!! she's a cutie! love the casual chic look!

Monie said...

I haven't been here in a minute! Dangit, this is big. Let me keep reading...