Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sucker Punched

I have a question for you guys out there in blogland... please let me know what you think. Why is it that when you finally hear something out loud that you always knew to be true, it hurts so bad? You know, like when you assume that something is happening, but you can't prove it because nobody has said it out loud.... and then you finally get verbal confirmation. I feel like I just got sucker punched. If it makes sense to you without the details, tell me what you think...

3 comments:

Jameil said...

i know what you're saying but i still want details. what? i'm a journalist.

anyway, because until its confirmed you can try to convince yourself it may not be true.

La said...

Because speaking the words into the universe make it true. Once they're out there, there's no doubt, no more guess work. There's no taking them back.

I like J want the details. I will ask all sorts of uncomfortable questions about situations because I NEED to know, and I won't give myself the opportunity to torture myself with the what ifs

T Dot said...

Dang, Lauren. You took my answer. But I'll say it again.

Until it's said to you by someone else, you can deny whatever it is you're thinking. You can write it off as paranoia or your over active imagination. But once some tells you to your face - hey, your breath stinks, or hey, it's over - it instantly becomes real. No more ignoring it. No more denying it.

And what sucker punched you? I'm nosey and late. Ah well. Sue me.