Monday, February 13, 2006

Who Actually Lives in the Boondocks?

Okay... now I know I can be a little late on the pickup sometimes. For example (no comments from the peanut gallery, please), I still haven't seen The Five Heartbeats. I know, I know... you are expecting me to submit my Black card IMMEDIATELY, do not pass go, do not collect SHIT!! But this time, I have to hang my head in shame, because I honestly feel like I've been missing something. THE BOONDOCKS. Yo... that little cartoon is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen! I saw last night's episode, "Let's Nab Oprah," and I really thought that I was going to pee on myself. Here are a couple of golden quotes from that funny ass cartoon:
  • I sent the bitch a smiley face! Bitches LOVE smiley faces!
  • I be texting my ass off! Bitches love texts!
  • Anything you do with your thumbs CAN'T be positive!
  • Two ways are just some nigga ass shit! They don't do nothin' but let dumb ass niggas talk to another dumb aass nigga about some ignorant ass nigga shit!
  • BODYSNATCHER NO. 2: That ain't Oprah!
  • Yall niggas is gay!

For almost a full minute, I laughed until my eyes filled up with tears, but then I had to stop for a second. Was that Samuel L. Jackson lending his voice to a thug ass white man with cornrows? And was that Charlie Murphy lending his voice to another thug ass white man with a penchant for typing with his thumbs? And best of all, was that REGINA KING lending her voice to a thug ass little BOY who was the mastermind of the whole dumbass scheme to kindnap Oprah Winfrey? After I got over the feeling that that one 30-minute cartoon set our people (or half of our people, as PYT would remind me) back 500 years, I couldn't help but smile. Anything involving mistaking Maya Angelou for Oprah Winfrey and a white guy robbing every establishment in town owned by his grandfather has to make you laugh. So, kudos to the developers of The Boondocks, cause that thing was HILARIOUS!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rell said...

Yea it's a great cartoon, that originated as a comic strip.

Aaron McGruder is the creator and puts out the daily comic strip, www.ucomics.com/boondocks you can check it everyday.

It's some of the best satire there is anywhere, moreso showing some of the flaws and issues plauging the black community.

Although I gotta be honest, I thought last night's episode the worst of the 11 episodes, thus far.

But good stuff...

Jameil said...

i guess i need my black card doubly revoked. i've still never seen either of those (partially because i'm NEVER awake after 430 p.m., if that late.

Setta B. said...

I saw only a partial episode where the the grandfather was trying to turn a ho into a housewife. Funny! I haven't seen it since though. I should check it out in the next week.